Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
The Seasonal Ranger will support the Culzean Rangers team during the busy summer months. Specifically, to combine responsibilities on nature conservation, visitor services, learning and community engagement to help deliver the strategic objectives of the property and wider National Trust for Scotland.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Welcoming and engaging visitors, enhancing their experience by providing information about Culzean, its geology, natural and cultural heritage, including strong messages around safety and respect for wildlife.
• Encourage people to further contribute to caring for Culzean through donating or taking up membership of NTS.
• Assist with practical countryside management including litter picks, beach cleans maintenance and safety checks of visitor infrastructure (including play parks).
• Lead and assist with events such as guided walks and talks as appropriate.
• Contribute to biological monitoring programmes.
• Manage and collate biological information in a consistent manner compatible with Trust and national datasets.
• Assist with educational and other outreach activities on site or to the local community and to communities of interest, including for volunteers.
Marketing & Communications
• Enthusiastically promote awareness and understanding of the role that NTS plays in protecting and caring for Culzean and wider work across Scotland.
• Regularly update and contribute positive stories to NTS social media and other communication outlets relevant to Culzean.
• Will support the team with feeding and care of the property’s livestock; deer and llama.
Application Deadline: Friday 04/03/2022