Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,752 per annum
Location: St Kilda
This post plays a crucial role in welcoming visitors from across the globe and acting as an ambassador for the National Trust for Scotland, building awareness and support for the charity leaving those you meet with a desire to respect, protect, and enjoy the special natural environment and an understanding of how they can help to contribute their support to the property.
The ranger post is responsible for day-to-day liaison with the local community including QinetiQ, contractors and boat operators to ensure appropriate information is communicated regarding safety, biosecurity and conservation and for reporting back on island activities to the Western Isles Manager
There will be a requirement for lone-working and with other staff and volunteers, on a variety of practical tasks to help achieve the high presentation standards expected of a World Heritage Site, National Nature Reserve, Site and Scheduled Area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Providing a warm welcome to visitors and ensuring that information for a safe and enjoyable visit is communicated appropriately,
• Delivering the biosecurity plan and communicating its contents
• liaising with boat operators and using social media to enhance and reinforce appropriate information for the visitor journey.
• ensuring high standards of presentation across the property but specifically that the public areas are clean and presented to the standards expected by the Trust and for the maximum safety of and enjoyment by visitors
• Delivering activities compliant with the Trust’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, including the Safe System of Work (SSOW) and environmental policy and practices
• Establishing and maintaining good relationships with local communities; promote the Trust and actively seek opportunities to increase Trust membership
• Liaising regularly with the Western Isles Manager to ensure appropriate information is communicated
• Collect manage and collate information in a consistent manner regarding visitor numbers, cruise events, cash donations and any incidents or accidents.
• Delivering on site induction for volunteers, contractors and researchers as appropriate
• Managing volunteers work programme on a day-to-day basis
Application Deadline: Friday 18/03/2022