Regional Marketing & Communications Manager – North-East Scotland
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £35,023 to £38,738 plus car allowance
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
They are the largest member organisation in Scotland. As a conservation charity, they’re supported by more than 320,000 members and are funded largely by donations.
Since 1931 their love for Scotland has fuelled their desire to protect the things that make it special. By championing Scotland’s natural, built and cultural heritage they inspire those around us. From coastlines to castles, art to architecture, wildlife to wilderness, they encourage people to connect with the things that make Scotland unique while protecting them for future generations. They do it so their heritage will always have a home. They do it so our countryside will remain unspoilt, and accessible.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust in a newly created role of Regional Marketing & Communications Manager – North-East Scotland which will join a communications team who inspire more people to visit, join and donate to the Trust. They do this by managing marketing, communications, digital, social media and fundraising activity for the charity.
The team works closely with their regional colleagues at their properties and outdoor places to support them in their activities. This work includes ensuring that the uniqueness of each place is well communicated as well as being presented in the context of the wider Trust brand and messaging.
This stand-alone specialised role will ensure that The North-East Region includes many of the Trust’s most iconic properties and places, including Crathes Castle, Craigievar Castle and Drum Castle. Due to geographic proximity, the role will also include support for the Mar Lodge Estate which is the UK’s largest National Nature Reserves and a must-see part of the wider Cairngorms.
By the nature of the role, you will have two teams that you see as the ‘home’ team. You will formally be part of the Marketing Team but you will also be fully integrated into the North-East Region’s management team.
This ‘foot in both camps’ makes this role very exciting because you are exposed to national and local planning and delivery contexts.
This role will maximise marketing, communications and fundraising effectiveness in the defined region by being the ‘go to’ person from central-to-region, and region-to-centre. You will do this by helping to localise national campaigns and by leading on regional-specific initiatives, developed within Trust-wide brand templates.
Success is defined by seeing more people visit, join or donate as a result of the properties and places you are helping to promote, plus better internal planning, production and reporting in pursuit of these outcomes.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Develop and annual marketing and communications plan for the region
• Ensure national campaigns are maximised in the region
• Develop priority plans – Each year there will be one or more properties that has a significant new story to tell, following a capital redevelopment or a new approach to programming.
• Develop clear USPs for each property and place
• Ensure audience development work is applied in the region
• Lead on membership in the region
• Ensure the brand is being applied effectively in the region
• Content planning, production, checking and deployment
• Lead on regional social media posts
• Develop strong local stakeholder relationships
• Support regional communications day-to-day and follow reputation escalation procedures
• Lead on gathering regional marketing and communications performance
Key skills and experience required:
• Marketing experience – You will have experience at helping drive engagement at one more leading visitor attractions
• Strong planning skills – You will understand what it takes to plan, brief, produce, launch and monitor marketing and communications initiatives
• Great content skills – You will be good at commissioning or producing photography, copy and press releases
• Ability to build stakeholder relationships – You will be able to ‘get out there’ and identify stakeholders who have aims that match their needs
• Knowledge of CRM systems and data management – You will have a good grasp of how important data is to driving marketing success
• Social media platform experience – You will know how to manage social media platforms, make posts and monitor effectiveness
• Very good internal communicator and negotiator – You will know how to identify clear briefs and ensure that they are ‘sold in’ effectively at every level to maximise marketing and communications support for the region
• Strong knowledge of the North-East of Scotland in terms of regional variations, leading attractions and local community issues
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £35,023 to £38,738 per annum with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Application Deadline: Thursday 31/03/2022