Retail Assistant (9 Posts) (Temporary) (Full Time & Part Time)
Organisation: Glasgow Museums
Location: Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow, G3 8AG
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting for temporary Retail Assistants (3 month contract), to join our strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. The job of a Retail Assistant within Glasgow Museums comes with a range of responsibilities –and lots of rewards. Your to-do list includes:
• Providing excellent customer service to maximise sales on the sales floor and at the cash desk.
• Actively working with displays – ensuring our high standards are maintained at all times.
• Processing our customer transactions at the cash desk.
• Receiving and processing our deliveries.
• Helping to prepare our season sales, floorplan changes and moving of stock.
• Following our store plans and display plans, policies and guidelines to assist in loss prevention and safety in the store.
• Working well in the team and actively supporting your colleagues
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience: Just like everyone at Glasgow Museums retail we believe you are a sales driven, social, open and ambitious team player full of drive and optimism. Your personal qualities should also include:
• A friendly and helpful approach to our customers and colleagues.
• The ability to recognise sales opportunities and maximise selling potential.
• Being open to feedback and to communicate with your team and manager in a clear and straightforward way.
• The ability to multitask and handle the pressure of a busy day.
• Drive and ambition to complete your tasks in a timely and effective manner.
• A willingness to learn and improve.
Sounds interesting? Here’s your chance for a sales position within one of Glasgow’s Iconic landmark locations.
formational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
This post is temporary for a period up to 17 weeks.
Salary for part time posts will be pro –rata.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
Glasgow Life seeks to reflect the extraordinary diversity of our city at every level of our organisation and in our programmes. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applications from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Glasgow Life. To find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity visit https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
To apply for this vacancy online please visit www.glasgow.gov.uk.
Closing date is 11.59pm on Sunday 1st May 2022.
Information is available in alternative formats, on request.
Application Deadline: Sunday 01/05/2022