Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £19,976 pro rata
The National Galleries of Scotland’s Retail Department is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of the Galleries’ retail operation, which embraces four shops, online shop and mail order service, exhibition desks, ticketing and promotional support, product development, buying and stock management for the National Galleries of Scotland.
Each shop is staffed by a small team of Retail Assistants. Working singly or together a Retail Assistant is expected to work flexibly undertaking a range of tasks providing direct services to customers and generally supporting the Shop Manager and/or Supervisor in the efficient running of a Gallery shop with the aim of enhancing the visitor experience, delivering excellent customer service and achieving anticipated sales levels and profit potential.
1. To provide excellent direct customer services including working flexibly undertaking a range of tasks including providing customer information, undertaking counter sales, cash taking and till operations, ensuring high standards of customer service in keeping with the standards and aims and objectives of the NGS.
2. To develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of all products in order to be able to identify features and benefits and introduce appropriate linked sales.
3. To contribute to the achievement of sales targets by proactively promoting NGS shop products and/or tickets.
4. To ensure the security of NGS cash, stock, equipment and property within the shop/ticketing area.
5. To maintain the standards of merchandising, display and housekeeping required by the NGS.
6. To carry out ticketing and/or shop administration procedures and activities including maintaining records of stock transfers and adjustments, banking procedures, purchase order procedures, stock records and cashing up tills.
7. To receive, check and price deliveries and ensure that stock is well maintained and securely stored.
8. To assist the Shop Manager and/or Supervisor to improve customer service, selling and retailing standards and shop performance generally through providing customer feedback and contributing ideas to improve the performance and smooth running of the shop.
Application Deadline: Friday 24/09/2021