Organisation: V&A Dundee
The Operations team focus on a range of ways to create and facilitate a world-class visitor experience, which supports V&A Dundee’s vision to inspire visitors through design, as well as to generate income and revenue to contribute to the financial sustainability of the museum via its commercial enterprises.
The team is responsible for the daily operations and visitor experience of V&A Dundee. Functions of the team include, building and facilities management, security, events, box office, retail, and catering.
V&A Dundee’s retail is playing a significant role in the commercial development of V&A Dundee, the visitor experience, the online reach of V&A Dundee and ways we are supporting designers, makers, and manufacturers. We are looking for an ambitious and design focused retail manager who will continue to develop the range of products that reflects creatively the vision and program of the museum and to help position V&A Dundee and Scotland’s design champion.
Reporting to the General Manager – Visitor Operations, the Retail Manager will ensure the day to day running of the retail offer at V&A Dundee and contribute to the development and implementation of the strategy to increase awareness of the shop.
A high degree of flexibility and the ability to manage effectively, both directly and by influence, will be key to this exciting role, which will lead a dynamic and visitor-centered approach for the V&A Dundee.
This is both a strategic and operational role, the appointed person will work 37.5 hours per week on a Rota basis, 5 days from 7. This will include regular weekend working. The role will primarily be between the hours of 8.00am and 7.30pm but will require some evening working.
Retail strategic development
• Contribute, along with Director of Operations and General Manager, to the development of a design led retail strategy for the shop, online and product development
• Choose and supervise the implementation of a new retail management system in relationship with the IT team.
• Establish partnerships with emerging and established designers and design companies to create a unique range of products corresponding to the mission and vision of V&A Dundee
• Line management responsibility of two Retail Supervisors.
• Process invoices and purchase orders in line with V&A Dundee processes.
• Ensure visual merchandising standards are set and maintained to the highest standard, including specific exhibition shops, vitrines and displays of new ranges.
• Take responsibility for training Visitor Assistants in retail software, cashing handling, retail processes, gift wrapping, and visual merchandising standards.
• Supervise the preparation of all the elements necessary to promote the shop, the designers, the products in different channels of communication (texts, pictures, editorial photos for press, website and social medias, POS).
Development of range
• Work with external consultants to source new product lines and work on the development of new products and packaging.
• Work closely with museum colleagues to identify revenue generating initiatives.
• Work closely with exhibitions and learning department to reflect the program in the range of products.
• Be able to confidently analyze merchandising Space vs Sales and respond accordingly, developing lines that reflect this to optimize income.
Stock control, analysis and actions
• Responsibility for retail stock control, including ensuring that adequate stock levels are maintained and that regular stock takes are undertaken.
• Proactively maintain income levels through weekly plans for re-merchandising and re-pricing of existing stock.
• Identify the need to sell through stock as range lines come to an end, developing stock reduction plans to achieve this.
Finance, administration and process
• Develop and implement all retail associated processes.
• Maintain the accuracy of the EPOS System by ensuring the stock is correctly keyed at point of sale, customer returns, write-offs, markdowns, price changes and supplier stock returns are administered according to retail guidelines
• Produce financial and other reports as required by the Finance and Operations Department.
• Analyse shop figures to show sales, profits, and progress on KPIs and income targets.
• Proven experience in a management capacity in a retail role.
• Recent experience of administrating back-end EPOS systems.
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience of supervising a team of staff on shift with multiple priorities, coordinating and leading on delivery activity
• Strong organisational, communication and administrative abilities
• The ability to act with tact and diplomacy with individuals from a variety of situations and backgrounds
• Flexible approach to the job
• Excellent standards of customer service.
• Knowledge of First Aid, Health and Safety, and Licensing issues
• An interest in art and design.
Application Deadline: Friday 12/11/2021