Retail Sales Assistant
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: £9.25 per hour, subject to increase on 1 April 2022
Providing a first-class sales and customer service experience to all visitors at RZSS Edinburgh Zoo and by providing information and assistance and ensuring an environment that is engaging and well maintained.
This is a seasonal, variable hours role for a 6 month period and weekend working will be required.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Provide first-class customer service by maintaining a positive, welcoming environment, proactive and helpful attitude to all visitors at all times, meeting or exceeding our Customer Service Standards.
* Operate retail systems efficiently and effectively to both sell and upsell products.
* Ensure all front of house areas and other RZSS retail outlets are maintained to the highest standard, ensuring stocks are regularly replenished, all areas are clean and clear, all products are displayed and merchandised as directed.
* Operate the tills efficiently and assist with the counting and recording of monies to agreed standards.
* Occasionally provide assistance in other operational areas including events, car parking and driving visitor passenger vehicles.
What we’re looking for:
* Good achievement in standard grades (or equivalent), including English and Mathematics.
* Accurate numerical reasoning skills and attention to detail.
* Engaging customers empathetically to link or upsell our products.
* Use of electronic cash till.
* Providing first-class customer care and service, including dealing with customer queries.
* Previous work in a range of retail activities.
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Application Deadline: Friday 11/03/2022