Retail Shop Supervisor Fixed Term
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £21,379 - £23,553
National Galleries of Scotland’s Retail Department is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of the Galleries’ retail operation, which embraces four shops, an online shop, pop-up shops, events, NGS Publications, product development, buying and stock management for the National Galleries of Scotland.
Each shop is staffed by a small team of retail assistants, a supervisor and a manager. As a member of our shop management team you will be responsible for leading a team of sales staff to meet sales targets whilst simultaneously focusing on enhancing visitor experience and ensuring first-class customer care. We aim to enhance the visitor experience, deliver excellent customer service and achieve our sales and profit potential.
• To provide excellent customer service, to attain/sustain 5 star accreditation, to deliver a high standard of visitor service in keeping with the standards and aims and objectives of the NGS.
• To contribute to the achievement of sales targets by undertaking a range of tasks including till operations, cash handling, customer services
• Accountable for the safety and security of NGS cash, stock, equipment, property and colleagues within the shop/ticketing area.
• To promote the standards of merchandising, display and housekeeping required by the NGS.
• Accountability for cash handling procedures ensuring the accuracy of cash holdings and takings.
• To ensure that stock is well maintained by processing deliveries, transfers and adjustments.
• To work with the shop manager on shop operations, customer experience, retail standards and shop performance.
• To ensure that gallery and retail policies, standards and practices are communicated effectively to shop staff and that they are applied fairly and consistently.
• To enable shop staff to deliver excellent customer service, maximise the performance and profitability of the shop by maintaining good communication links, clarity of role responsibilities and performance standards, and ensuring that staff are adequately trained for their role responsibilities.
• Implementation and management of temporary pop-up shops, events and other retail activities.
• The achievement of sales targets and delivery of excellent customer service and enhanced visitor experience that fully support the values, standards and corporate objectives of the NGS.
• To ensure that the NGS Health and Safety at Work policies are observed within the shop and that requirements such as workplace risk assessments are effectively complied with.
• The application of excellent standards of visual merchandising and housekeeping in all areas.
• Managerial support in the achievement of the overall aims and objectives of the Trading Company
• The development of a skilled and committed group of shop staff motivated to achieve the performance targets and standards of the retail operation.
Application Deadline: Friday 24/06/2022