Organisation: Dynamic Earth
Location: Holyrood Road, Edinburgh
RESPONSIBLE TO: Retail Manager
HOURS: -You will normally work 4 or 5 days out of 7 each week (depending on the time of year/trading pattern).
-Normal hours will range from 30.0 – 37.5 per week (depending on the time of year/trading pattern).
-Minimum Contracted Hours is 20 hours per week, however, the normal hours have been detailed above.
-Regular weekend work will be required.
-Occasional evening work will be required from time to time (annual stock take and special events)
Dynamic Earth is a unique and iconic science centre and visitor attraction; it is like nothing else on Earth. It’s a chance for guests to experience the primeval forces of nature as they shaped our planet, to journey through space and time and even go on a 4D VENTURE around the world. Customers experience an interactive adventure where they learn about our planets past and contemplate its future and how we, as humans, interact with our environments. This means that you will be working in an exhilarating, interesting and engaging work environment.
To support the Retail Manager in the running of the Retail Department and in their absence oversee the efficient management of the department and the management of other shop staff.
• Assisting the Retail Manager in effective management of all shop operations
• Deputising for Retail Management in their absence
• Under supervision of the Retail Manager, performing research, aiding in the purchases of shop merchandise
• Processing orders, delivery notes and invoices in line with departmental budgets
• Maintenance of the retail EPOS system as appropriate
• Communications with all other shop staff, and as necessary, other departments to ensure effective operations
• Assistance in staff scheduling and training
• Ensuring that the team are providing five-star customer care to all visitors at all times.
• Delegating duties and task to team members where appropriate
• Creation of daily work schedules for the retail team
• Helping to promote enthusiasm and professionalism within the team at all times.
• Attending meetings in lieu of the Retail Manager when necessary.
• Coordinates and receives incoming goods, sets up displays, and assists customers and staff during business hours.
• Contribute to formulating pricing policies and ensure pricing is correct.
• Contribute to coaching, counselling, training and with guidance from the Retail Manager and HR. Assist with Disciplinary matters if required by the Retail Manager of HR Department.
• Help to evaluate on-the-job performance.
• Maintain store’s levels of presentation and cleanliness.
• Health & Safety – ensure the shop, stockrooms and Retail office areas are safe for customers and staff at all times.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager/Head of Department from time to time.
• Complimentary entry to Dynamic Earth for friends and family. (subject to conditions)
• Free staff car-parking.
• 25% Discount in the Natural Selection Gift Shop.
• Subsidised meals from the Food Chain Café.
• Free entry to ASVA member Visitor attractions. (subject to conditions)
• Limited Gym Membership at MacDonald Holyrood Hotel.
• Staff Canteen (complimentary tea & coffee).
• Staff Excellence Award – High street vouchers.
• Company pension contribution of up to 5% (matched by the employee).
• Confidential advice-line through our Employee Assistance Program.
CLOSING DATE: Please apply with a coving letter and CV to email@example.com by Friday 19th August 2022
Application Deadline: Friday 19/08/2022