Sales and Events Executive
Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £29,000 per annum
Pay: £29,000 per annum
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 200 staff. This former floating palace of Queen Elizabeth II, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Our clients have the unique opportunity to host the event of a lifetime on board. Exclusive dinners for up to 196 guests or drinks receptions for up to 500 can be hosted in the impressive State Apartments and stunning Royal Deck. Whatever the event, Britannia is the perfect setting for a broad range of exclusive evening events including product launches, gala dinners, staff incentives, and summer receptions.
Fingal is a luxury floating hotel permanently berthed on Edinburgh’s vibrant waterfront and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland. This historic ship started life as a lighthouse tender, helping maintain lighthouses and transporting their keepers, equipment and supplies to some of the most treacherous locations in Scotland. Launched in January 2019, she has been transformed into an exquisite 22 cabin five-star hotel and exclusive use venue with the onboard Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar awarded 2 AA Rosettes.
As our Sales and Events Executive you will have knowledge of the luxury five-star events market and have at least 2 years’ experience of successful selling and management of exclusive events. Since you will often be the first point of contact for any client, you will be a confident, dynamic self-starter and well-presented. Delivering excellent customer service with meticulous attention to detail will be essential in everything that you do throughout the event cycle.
This exciting role is perfect for someone with a passion for the hospitality industry and offers the candidate the potential of progression within the team.
– Process all enquiries efficiently and promptly to maximise conversion to confirmed business.
– Manage 25 to 35 events per annum, working with the client to produce a detailed and comprehensive event utilising the venue and client’s budget to its full potential.
– To encourage and gain client information to generate new and repeat business.
– Coordinate and co-host site visits and familiarisation trips on board Britannia & Fingal with the support of the senior managers and marketing team where necessary.
– Manage our exclusive morning and evening private tours, working with the on board teams to create a seamless customer experience.
– Responsible for generating leads and closing sales deals.
– Build and maintain relationships with clients.
– Conduct sales presentations and negotiate contracts.
– Collaborate with the events team to provide tailored solutions to clients.
– Oversee event budgets and timelines.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills and attributes:
– A positive, can-do attitude and enjoy working as part of a small team.
– A professional appearance and personality, while still being friendly and approachable.
– Ability to communicate at all levels building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding of each role to obtain complete support for each event.
– An interest in career development within the business.
– Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify sales opportunities and stay ahead of industry trends.
– Support senior management to develop and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue targets and increase market share.
– Address any client concerns or issues promptly.
– Support the Sales Manager to prepare sales reports and forecasts to track performance and identify areas for improvement.
– Attend industry events, trade shows, and conferences to network and generate leads.
– Stay updated on industry news, market trends, and competitor activities.
– Collaborate with the marketing team to develop promotional materials and campaigns to support sales efforts.
– Train and mentor junior sales team members.
– Proven track record in converting on-site sales activity and managing exclusive events.
– Problem solver, with a keen persuasion and negotiation skill.
– Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate at all levels building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding of each role to obtain complete support for each event.
– Great time management and organisation skills, prioritising workload.
Core hours of work are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, however due to the nature of this position some weekend and evening working will be required, and time in lieu will be given.
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
– 33 days pro-rata annual holiday entitlement.
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
– Life Assurance.
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
– Complimentary tickets.
– Employee Assistance Programme.
– Staff discount in the Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tearoom & The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal Hotel.
– Free car parking for staff.
How to Apply:
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to Diane McRae, Head of Sales & Events at email@example.com or postal applications to:
Ms Diane McRae
Head of Sales and Events
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: 10th December 2023
No agencies please