Location: Seafield, Edinburgh
Bookspeed is an imaginative, energetic, and very customer-focused place to work. Everything we do is geared to our customers’ success because we can only thrive if they do.
We are a book wholesaler and gift distributor. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from big multiple retailers to small owner-run businesses, from quirky gift shops to grand castles and country houses. Our mission is to make it easy for each of them to buy a range of products that is appropriate to their offer and that really contributes to the colour, style, and themes of their store. But, most importantly, a range that sells!
We’ve been doing this for over 30 years and we’re good at it because we love doing it.
For the past four years, Bookspeed achieved growth has averaged over 15% per year with the business currently seeing revenues of around £12m. The Board has plans to continue the Company’s growth trajectory with ambitious growth plans. One of the key factors in this growth is our ability to accommodate our customers’ requirements through our understanding of their business needs. By approaching these needs thoughtfully and creatively, our Sales Team delivers an excellent customer experience. The Sales Team are supported by a team of Sales Support staff and this support is a critical contribution to the success of the company. Sales Support staff are responsible for ensuring that administrative, reporting, and data provision tasks are completed swiftly and accurately.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Being the first point of contact for our customers, answering and responding to incoming phone calls is a large part of the role. It is essential you can keep calm under pressure, approach each call in a friendly helpful manner and reassure our customers that they have your undivided attention. Should any problems arise, it is important to approach these with a reassuring caring tone and find appropriate, sometimes, creative solutions to solve the issue.
Working with a group of named Account Managers you will:
• Input orders, credits, returns, chase missing customer deliveries, handle customer complaints
• Research information and complete supplier forms as requested by the Account Managers
• Check emails and manage the release of orders for the Account Managers that you support while they are out of the office or if you are requested to do so.
Trade show Preparations:
• Assist in the preparation of trade shows, supporting the trade show team as required.
• You will be involved in all aspects of account opening procedures and handle the processing of account opening forms. This process is a customer’s first experience of Bookspeed’s administrative processes; speed and accuracy are of great importance.
• You will have a key role in actively maintaining our customer prospects database
General administrative duties:
• Work on the front line of contact for incoming enquiries through various channels including phone, email, livechat etc.
• Handling the orders and responding to contact from our inhouse customers.
• Assisting the senior team with various reporting needs
• Order processing and PO requests and credits for all customers
• Processing card payments securely and accurately via an online portal.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, most specifically Excel, however initial training can be provided in addition to continuing training towards greater proficiency.
• Have an excellent phone manner and get on well with people
• Have an understanding that not all customer needs are clear-cut and be willing to take flexible approaches when required
• Handle data according to GDPR guidelines
• Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise workloads in busy periods
• Be able to work both individually and collaboratively – contributing and sharing ideas as a team
• Be adaptable to the changing nature of the business and relish new challenges
• Be willing to undertake any other reasonable duties required by the company
Previous experience in a similar role will advantage the applicant but is not essential. An eagerness to learn new skills, embrace change and enjoy success is essential.
Terms and Conditions
Bookspeed is an equal opportunities employer. Company Rules, Health and Safety information and a Contract of Employment are issued at the start of employment. Full-time staff receive 30 days holiday per year, pro-rata for part-time staff.
This position is full time, 37.5 hours per week. We operate Monday to Friday; from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Full-time staff have two paid breaks of 15 minutes each and an unpaid break of 30 minutes at lunch-time.
£ 19,000 + DOE
How to apply:
Please apply by email to Neill (email@example.com), Sales Support Manager with your CV and cover letter, describing your suitability for the role.
Closing date for this position is the 25th of May 2021, although we may end the application process early if a successful candidate is found.
Initially this role will be based remotely in line the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidelines. You will be provided with the necessary equipment to your home address. When it is safe to do so, the role will then be based in our Edinburgh office in Leith.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 25/05/2021