Seasonal Grounds Person
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Location: Edinburgh Zoo
To assist in the maintenance of park gardens including the nursery and landscape, enclosure areas, facilities and infrastructure owned by the RZSS in line with the Gardens team’s procedures and ongoing site development plans in support of RZSS’ vision and mission. Providing high standards of general maintenance to ensure that all areas of the site are safe and well presented for our visitors.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Assist with the daily maintenance of the sites gardens and landscapes to agreed standards, e.g. keeping gardens, grounds and landscaping clean, in good state of repair to agreed standards and supporting construction projects, e.g. new enclosures.
* Assist with the co-ordination of a range of horticultural activities (e.g. maintaining appearance of grounds, up-keep of the lawns, pathways, entrances of site, leaf sweeping, weeding, grass cutting and sweeping the perimeters) that involve other sections and departments
* Conduct routine cleaning, inspection and maintenance of assigned small plant and vehicles according to the agreed transport policy and best practice
* Recommend to your manager cost-effective opportunities to minimise the impact of your department and RZSS’ operations on the environment
* Provide supporting role to Events Team regarding special event set up and taken down.
What we’re looking for:
* You’ll have a relevant SVQ level 1 qualification or equivalent qualification or experience.
* Have a basic understanding of horticultural practice.
* Practical experience in a horticultural and or landscaping activity.
* Able to demonstrate and set a good example of health and safety practice to others.
Please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities page for details on how to apply and to see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
Application Deadline: Monday 14/06/2021