Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £23,595 - £24,913 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Mar Lodge Estate
To combine responsibilities on nature conservation, visitor management, education and community engagement to help deliver the objectives of Mar Lodge Estate and wider National Trust for Scotland.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Visitor Management / Engagement
• Ensure public-facing presence during peak tourist times, by staffing ranger hut at Linn of Dee and supervising car parks during busy periods.
• Actively and positively engage with visitors to help them make the best of their visits.
• Promote responsible access as outlined in the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
• Undertake routine patrols to help safeguard the estate from wildfire risk.
• Use visitor engagement to promote and sell NTS membership.
• Undertake regular inspections of visitor infrastructure on the estate (car parks, parking machines, toilets, paths, litter, signage etc) and address any problems that arise.
• Undertake regular surveys of parking ticket compliance / visitor behaviour, for both internal and external reporting.
• Help devise and deliver public events such as guided walks, family events etc, to promote natural/cultural heritage of Mar Lodge Estate.
Learning & Volunteering
• Assist with educational visits to and from local schools/institutions.
• Help manage conservation/path maintenance volunteers.
Community Engagement / Partnership Working
• Engaging with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, including local businesses, community groups, neighbouring landowners, other ranger services and fellow conservation organisations.
• Liaise with Cairngorms National Park Ranger Service to help facilitate their Deeside patrols.
• Source appropriate photos and other relevant content for Mar Lodge Estate social media channels.
Application Deadline: Sunday 04/02/2024