Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary £22,957 per annum plus 20% shift allowance
Plus generous benefits package
About the role
Every day we create connections with our visitors and our colleagues. From world class art to extraordinary buildings, we have plenty to inspire people at our galleries – the National, Portrait, and Modern.
If you have previous experience with excellent customer service skills, we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will also have some security experience. You will be working across all four of our amazing Galleries based in the heart of Edinburgh. You’ll be part of our enthusiastic and dedicated team.
The main purpose of the Security and Visitor Engagement team within the Galleries is to provide security for the displays and to welcome, assist and ensure visitors always have a safe and enjoyable visit whilst keeping our art secure.
The difference you’ll make
In all that you do, you’ll support the team, reporting to the Shift Supervisor you will:
– Supervise members of the public to ensure the safety of the collections and regulation of those failing to comply with the Gallery’s conditions of entry.
– Provide a high standard of visitor care, maintaining a professional front and being the public face of the National Galleries of Scotland. Welcoming visitors, answering queries and orientation.
– Staffing fixed duty or access points including searching incoming baggage or containers as necessary.
– Monitor fire and security alarm panels, CCTV systems and maintenance of accurate records.
– Ensure the safety and security of the collection by visual monitoring and operation of control room equipment.
– Be proactive in keeping up to date with our exhibitions, events and displays and to engage with the public on these, whilst also remaining vigilant.
– Assist the public in emergency situations.
– Supervise contractors and tradespeople.
– Patrol the galleries in silent hours and dealing effectively and calmly with situations as they arise.
– Light cleaning and portering duties.
– Adhere to Health and Safety guidelines.
Who we are looking for
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the following range of knowledge, skills, and experience:
– Previous experience of working within a customer service or retail environment.
– Excellent interpersonal / communication skills (written and oral).
– Ability to use initiative and work well as part of a team.
– Flexible approach to the job.
– Helpful manner with colleagues and the public.
– Good IT skills.
It would also be great if you have:
– Security experience.
– Knowledge and appreciation of art.
– First Aid qualification or be willing to undertake training to obtain.
– Willingness to work occasional overtime assisting at evening functions.
– Full driving licence.
To apply please visit our careers portal.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Tuesday, 13 February 2024.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 13/02/2024