Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £9.98 per hour
Location: Leith, Edinburgh
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Led by Chief Executive, Bob Downie, Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which? Magazine) and Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 13 years running. Britannia is also TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best award winner, and the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Security team ensures a safe environment for visitors and staff of this iconic vessel and provides 24-hour surveillance of the ship and its artefacts. We are now looking for a Security Officer to join the small, friendly team on board Britannia.
You will present a smart, professional, alert and visible security presence to staff, visitors and clients alike. You will ensure their safety, as well as the safety of the Yacht and its artefacts, by monitoring the CCTV, controlling access through the entry gates and by patrolling the ship. You will also be expected to receive deliveries, deal with lost property and respond to emergency situations on board.
Another important aspect of the role will be to assist visitors with any queries they may have, either face-to-face whilst patrolling the ship, or via the telephone. Therefore, good communication skills and a warm friendly attitude are a prerequisite. Previous experience working in the Emergency Services, or a similar role with transferable skills, is advantageous.
– Regular hours to cover holidays, sickness and the additional cover required for evening events. This would approximately equate to twenty 12-hour and fifty 6-hours shifts per year.
– 12-hour day shifts (07:00-19:00), 12-hour night shifts (19:00-07:00), 6-hour back shift (18:00-23:59).
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution)
– 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement
– Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement
– Hybrid working opportunities
– Life Assurance
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme
– Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel)
– Free car parking for staff at The Royal Yacht Britannia
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Security Officer to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Health, Safety and Security Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: Monday 2 May 2022
No agencies please.
Application Deadline: Monday 02/05/2022