Senior Catering Manager
Organisation: Scone Palace
Senior Catering Manager, Scone Palace
A rare opportunity has just arisen to join our dedicated team and we are seeking to appoint an exceptional Senior Catering Manager to oversee the delivery of our daily catering provision, maintaining the very highest standards of both food quality and service.
Do you have a passion for innovative menus, an interest in food provenance, and a flair for baking? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Applicants should have a keen interest in food, as well as a good working knowledge of HACCP and food safety with a proven track record as Head/Lead Chef or Chef Manager. Previous experience in a similar role is essential as are strong leadership skills. Business acumen and financial management with good IT skills together with the ability to organise and prioritise a busy workload is necessary.
You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and a genuine commitment to quality standards and customer service. You will also be involved in the long-term strategic plans for the business and have the ability to manage an enthusiastic team, including front of house operations. Prior experience as Premises Manager and a certified Personal License Holder is desirable.
What we can offer
We offer sociable working hours and the chance to work in a unique and varied business.
Scone Palace is an iconic venue and 5 star visitor attraction, welcoming over 100,000 visitors a year. Nestled on the banks of the River Tay in beautiful Perthshire, we are renowned for our exceptional food quality and service and pride ourselves in using the very best of produce from our own market garden.
Key responsibilities include:
– To oversee the delivery of the daily catering provision within Scone Palace with strong leadership skills, maintaining exceptionally high standards of both food quality and service and ensuring all legal compliance is achieved, and company guidelines are followed whilst meeting company targets and budgets
– Manage a team of catering staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluations
– Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and maintain high standards of cleanliness and food quality
– Stay updated on industry trends and innovations to continuously improve catering services
Skills & Experience:
– Proven experience as a Catering Manager or similar role in the hospitality industry
– Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage a team
– Excellent organizational and time management skills
– Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain client relationships
– Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and catering software systems
– Knowledge of food safety regulations and best practices
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for delivering exceptional catering experiences, we invite you to apply for the position of Senior Catering Manager. We offer competitive compensation and opportunities for career growth.
Application Deadline: Sunday 08/10/2023