Senior Development Officer - Grants
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: Salary Range: £28,343 - £34,379 Per Annum
Location: Edinburgh Zoo
Join a successful team to take the lead on income generation from grants to support RZSS’ vision and mission at an exciting time of growth and expansion. This will include producing compelling applications and reports as well as excellent management of relationships with a wide range of funders.
This is a full time permanent role, where the working hours are 37.5 hours per week.
Some of the things you’ll do
* Take the lead on producing and submitting compelling and persuasive applications and personalised approaches to a range of funders in line with the Development Strategy.
* Research and approach new funders and opportunities for regular income generation, building a pipeline of support from charitable trusts, corporate foundations, lotteries, landfill and public sector.
* Take the lead on managing relationships with major funders, meeting deadlines for reports, communications and coordinate stewardship activities and site visits with other teams including Marketing, Communications, Membership, Conservation and Education.
* Develop and lead on new applications and approaches for capital campaigns, working closely with teams across the organisation.
* Take responsibility for timely and accurate claiming and reporting for all funding awards.
* Develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of RZSS to produce compelling fundraising materials for grant givers so they can fully understand the impact of their support.
What we’re looking for
* You’ll be educated to degree-level or hold equivalent experience
* CIOF Certificate of Fundraising or equivalent experience/qualification
* Detailed knowledge of grant funding and stewardship principles
* Knowledge of donor cultivation and stewardship principles
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the external fundraising environment in Scotland
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, e.g. working with senior level managers to deliver cultivation activity and managing prospect lists
* Practical application of using CRM databases e.g. ThankQ or another relevant database management system
* Membership of relevant professional body e.g. CIOF
* Understanding of GDPR guidelines
For details on how to apply and for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria – please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities page.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Application Deadline: Friday 12/11/2021