Senior Event Sales Executive
Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £26,500 - £29,500 per year
Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Hospitality Team for a Senior Event Sales Executive on board The Royal Yacht Britannia & Fingal. Once home to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, The Royal Yacht Britannia is now one of the most luxurious events venues in the world where guests will experience the ‘event of a lifetime’. Exclusive dinners for up to 196 guests or drinks receptions for up to 450 can be hosted in the impressive State Apartments and stunning Royal Deck. Whatever the event, Britannia is the perfect setting for a wide range of exclusive evening events, including private events, product launches, gala dinners, staff incentives, and receptions.
Fingal, is Scotland’s first floating hotel and a former Northern Lighthouse Board ship. Providing the ultimate in luxury, this iconic ship, berthed in the historic Port of Leith, includes 22 beautifully styled cabins, all named after Stevenson lighthouses, where guests can choose from their own private balcony, a duplex cabin or, for that special occasion the stunning presidential suite.
Fingal provides an exciting events venue for us. The spectacular Ballroom seats 60 guests and features a retractable skylight, a Minstrel’s Gallery and our Ballroom complete with sweeping staircases, is overlooked by the Gallery Bar – making Fingal the perfect space for brand and product launches, private celebrations and weddings.
As our Senior Sales Executive you will help with the generation of new business leads and work within the Hospitality Team across The Royal Yacht Britannia & Fingal. You will ensure that the current and future needs of the business are met, create the sales & marketing plan for the next two years working with the Head of Sales & Events to capture the market, thus ensuring that our sales strategies are in alignment to grow our business and maximise revenue for the charity. Being a non-profit making charity, the proceeds from our Events goes back into the up-keep of both Fingal & The Royal Yacht, giving guests the opportunity to enjoy these two iconic ships for many years to come!
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
– 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement (one week/5 days pro-rata more than statutory minimum)
– Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement.
– Hybrid working opportunities.
– Life Assurance.
– Employee Assistance Programme.
– Complimentary tickets.
– Staff discount in the Britannia Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tea Room and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
– Free car parking.
The Senior Event Sales Executive role:
– To target new business opportunities for both venues.
– Deal with enquiries that come into the business, ensuring that requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner to maximise conversion to confirmed business.
– Play an active part in working with the team to convert key opportunities.
– Participate in sales initiatives such as client workshops, roadshows, trade missions, and tradeshows as and when required. Identify new accounts and build relationships.
– Create sales & marketing plans that will help to increase volume across both ships.
– Provide administrative support and diary management.
– To encourage and gain client information to generate new and repeat business.
– Coordinate and host site visits and familiarisation trips on board Britannia & Fingal with the support of the Head of Sales & Events and Marketing Team where necessary.
Key skills – what we are looking for from you:
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills and attributes:
– In-depth experience of sales/events in a 5-star or luxury business.
– Proven track record in managing high profile events.
– Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
– Great presentation and networking skills.
– Great customer relationship management skills and ability to negotiate.
– Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support.
– Conduct market research/telesales campaigns as required.
– Compile sales packs and ensure that an adequate supply of relevant stationery and brochures are in stock.
– Compile relevant weekly/monthly meeting memos, and reports for the Head of Sales & Events.
– Execute initiatives; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets, economy or driven by the competitive set.
– Attend and actively participate in daily and weekly business meetings.
– Contribute to the development of company sales and marketing initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate activity.
– Organise comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by both ships and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential clients.
– Prepare and present the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive Sales Team to the Head of Sales & Events.
– Work with other departments to create an exceptional guest experience and build strong relationships.
You will have in-depth knowledge of the luxury 5-star market and have a well-proven track record of successful selling and managing high profile events. You will have experience in researching, planning and conducting on-site meetings with a highly effective and proactive approach. You will often be the first point of contact for any client, you will be a confident, dynamic self-starter, creative and well-presented. Delivering excellent customer service, you will hold a genuine passion for delivery, these will be essential in everything that you do.
Who we are looking for:
– Excellent organisational and planning skills.
– Having great oral and written communication skills and outstanding grooming standards.
– Ability to work well under time pressure.
– A professional appearance and personality, whilst still being friendly and approachable.
– Ability to communicate at all levels building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding of each role to obtain complete support.
– A positive can-do attitude to inspire others around you.
– The right person will work with one of the most amazing teams within Hospitality.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities:
– Knowledge of the local market.
– Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
– Strong connections within the luxury travel market.
– A passion for sales through to excellent client experience.
Core hours of work are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, however due to the nature of this position some weekend and evening working will be required, and time in lieu will be given.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to: Diane.McRae@tryb.co.uk or postal applications to:
Head of Sales & Events
The Royal Yacht Britannia & Fingal
Closing date: 17 February 2023
Application Deadline: Monday 30/01/2023