Senior Tourism Manager
Organisation: Glasgow Museums
Salary: £43,758.53 - £50,716.87 per year
Glasgow Life is responsible for providing inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens and visitors. With responsibility for museums, the arts, music, sport and world-class events, Glasgow Life is also the lead organisation responsible for the Convention Bureau, Destination Marketing and Tourism for the city of Glasgow; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s citizens and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Senior Tourism Manager, to join our Tourism and Conventions Team. You will provide a leadership role in taking forward the delivery of Glasgow’s Tourism and Visitor Plan to 2023 and beyond, collaborating with stakeholders, industry and partners to realise the ambition for the city, as set out in the Plan, to deliver economic benefit and global reputation to Glasgow through tourism and destination management.
This is an outward facing role with responsibility for building strong relationships with sector partners and tourism and hospitality businesses.
The role requires an awareness and understanding of the wider tourism sector, both locally, nationally and internationally, as well as the role of destination management to benefit the citizens and visitors to our city.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
– Be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience
– Have strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
– Have senior destination management/tourism industry knowledge and experience
– Ability to work with research, data and insights to plan and evaluate activity
– Demonstratable an ability to contribute to and sustain relationships with a variety of senior partners and stakeholders
– Project management/Event management experience and skills
– Have an active interest in Music, Heritage, Culture, Food & Drink, Travel, Sustainability and Accessibility
If you want to work with a great team, dedicated to the success of Glasgow as a tourism destination, we’d love to hear from you!
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under represented in our organisation.
Application Deadline: Sunday 22/08/2021