Senior Visitor Attraction Associate
Organisation: The Glenturret Distillery
Location: Crieff. Perthshire
The Senior Visitor Attraction Associate is to lead and be part of a team which involves undertaking tasks to support the efficient and outstanding customer service operations of the Glenturret Visitor Attraction.
These areas include:
General administrative duties.
This is a crucial and important leadership role within the team. In which you will be required to provide a first-class customer service experience. From warmly greeting the visitors, efficiently operating the reception area and till, guiding through the production areas, to promoting brands, providing guidance on questions and upselling products alongside assisting in the shop. The ability to work together as a team and have exemplary communication skills are imperative.
Building strong rapport with visitors is key ensuring they leave with complete satisfaction. You will lead by example encouraging others to have a strong customer focus in all that they do. You will also be successful through your strong administrative and planning abilities.
• You will be required to take on Duty Management responsibilities such as the opening and closing of the Visitor Attraction areas, managing both the safe and till for banking purposes as well as being responsible for stock control and daily revenue management.
• Ensuring that the management objectives are achieved through excellent customer service and with delegated responsibility for all aspects of the Visitor Attraction.
• Supporting the Operations Manager with the development and supervision of all Visitor Attraction Associates, such that they understand and are equipped to fulfil their roles to the standards required so they feel valued, respected, and supported.
• Daily/weekly/Monthly reporting.
• Rota creation and implementation.
• Final Stock takes.
• Welcome visitors with special requirements/impairments, providing a level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
• Provide information about the Distillery – the history, merchandise, process, offers.
• Visitor attraction always presented as an outstanding venue to visit, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and organisation in both customer and non-customer facing areas.
• Complete all training deemed appropriate to ensure effective job performance.
• All systems and procedures laid down by each department are followed with detailed accuracy.
• Aware of the daily business needs by referring to the appropriate communication channels.
• Maximising every opportunity to upsell on experiences and products tailored to the visitors’ needs, ensuring they have the best experience possible.
• To build relationships and delight our visitors with a highly engaging and interactive experience within all areas that showcases Scotland at its best.
o Handling enquiries – Phone call or Email
o Facilitating tour bookings
o Delivering Distillery tours
o Fulfilling retail transactions
o Till and finance management
o Daily spot stock checks
o Accurate daily reporting
o Getting E-commerce packages ready to dispatch
o Support Lalique Boutique
o Any other reasonable request
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies will be advantageous, but all training will be provided.
• Strong organisational and people skills. You will be required to be instrumental in supporting your team in order to fulfil excellent customer service, generate sales and showcase the Brand.
• Possess good interpersonal skills and experience to manage diverse and inclusive requirements.
• Be proactive and flexible in setting priorities and most importantly have a positive “think yes” attitude.
• Be prepared to work flexibly across a broad range of duties including the ability and willingness to learn and try new things by stepping out of your comfort zone.
• Hard working and highly motivated.
• Work well as part of a team.
• A confident approach.
• Personable “front of house” personality.
• Must have strong time management skills.
• Smart appearance
• Able to work under pressure.
• Highest standards in customer service and care, with a keen eye for attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively. Having an open and honest way of communicating with team members and visitors.
• Strong empathy and understanding.
• Keen ability to improvise and adapt.
• Focuses on building rapport with visitors, being able to proactively anticipate their needs to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Engaging storyteller.
This role will attract a basic salary of £25,000
Each member of this team will earn a monthly commission payment based on the achievement of the departmental monthly revenue targets.
Working to the highest standards underpin everything that we do at Glenturret.
The Glenturret provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, The Glenturret complies with, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter to:
Closing date is: 10th September 2021
Application Deadline: Friday 10/09/2021