SharePoint Office 365 Specialist
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £29,816 -£32,645
FULL TIME FIXED TERM 2 YEARS
Plus Generous benefits
HYBRID / FLEXIBLE WORKING
This role is responsible for supporting the deployment of SharePoint Online, Teams and the Microsoft 365 environment across the organisation. This position will require expertise in SharePoint Online and Microsoft 365 applications, particularly Teams, to advance records management and information security, improve digital working, facilitate collaboration, and enhance productivity. The role will help identify opportunities for further use of SharePoint within the Galleries, championing its use and evolution.
The role will be a key contributor to a small and dynamic IT team, who are responsible for all technology across the galleries including infrastructure; support; audio visual; and digital solutions. The postholder will initially be a member of a cross-divisional O365 Project Team, led by the IT Infrastructure Project Manager and the Records & Information Manager.
The Galleries has invested in Microsoft A5 and A1 licensing to allow colleagues to work anywhere on different devices. Currently, colleagues can use Outlook, OneDrive, Teams chats, calls and meetings, and a SharePoint Intranet Hub site with communication sites. This project will fully set up Microsoft Office 365 (O365) to facilitate group and team communication and collaboration, information security and in-situ records management. SharePoint online document libraries with columns and metadata will become the primary storage location for team and group files, replacing network drives and personal OneDrive folders and files currently used for this purpose. We are running trials before fully implementing O365 and will be taking a more agile learn-as-we-go approach to delivering this project.
• Configure, implement, and maintain SharePoint Online and the M365 environment; this includes helping to migrate content from network drives, OneDrive, and other systems to SharePoint Online.
• Improve the information security and governance of SharePoint Online and the M365 environment, for example by introducing information security and records management policies and labels.
• Enhance SharePoint functionality by creating and maintaining PowerShell scripts, SharePoint Term Store metadata, Power Automate workflows, SharePoint libraries and lists, and other SharePoint-based data sources and applications.
• Configure and maintain SharePoint Online (Comms sites and Teams sites) and other Microsoft 365 environments.
• Identify, research, and implement SharePoint Online and other M365 solutions to meet business objectives.
• Help write information governance material for the M365 environment, and help maintain the IT and information asset registers.
• Promote user adoption through application support and end-user training; prepare self-help materials, and provide technical demonstrations, consultation, and support for existing O365 applications.
• Work within standard ITIL service management processes of Changes, Incidents, Service Requests and Problems, and utilise appropriate change and release procedures to ensure the smooth operation of business services.
• Maintain technical support relationships with suppliers to ensure services are provided effectively.
• Provide general application support to all functional areas and business units.
• Keep up to date with changing technologies and the benefits and advantages they may offer.
• Follow an appropriate program of personal continuing professional development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following range of knowledge, skills and experience are required. Please ensure these are reflected in your application. Short listing for interview will be based on meeting these requirements.
1) Professional or higher education qualifications in an IT-related subject or equivalent experience.
2) Knowledge of the following:
• SharePoint Online Modern Sites and Document Libraries
• Microsoft Teams
• Office 365 Groups
• M365 roles and permissions model
• PowerShell scripting to configure Azure and M365
• Power Automate scripting/workflow
3) Understanding of ITIL IT Service Management Framework and Change processes.
4) Ability to prioritise and self-manage varied workloads against agreed deadlines.
5) Ability to investigate and resolve problems creatively.
6) Good written and verbal communication skills.
7) Ability to learn to new skills and technologies quickly and apply them methodically.
8) Good knowledge of current trends and practice in the use of digital and information technology.
The following are advantageous but are not essential:
1) Data Visualisation
2) Document and Records Management
You must be self-motivated, proactive and willing to ‘go the extra mile’.
The National Galleries of Scotland (NGS) is home to one the world’s finest collections of art, which ranges from the Middle Ages to the present day. Our spectacular buildings house the world’s greatest collection of Scottish art, and a world-renowned collection of Scottish and international photography, welcoming many visitors to our three principal sites in Edinburgh: the Scottish National Gallery, the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. The National Galleries of Scotland aims to preserve, display and augment the collections for the enjoyment and education of the widest possible public and to maintain NGS as a centre of excellence.
This is an exciting period of renewal for NGS, as we move forward with our engaging strategic vision that puts our audience at the heart of what we do. We’re making it our mission to broaden our impact, matching our rich collections, expertise and creativity to the needs and wants of our visitors. We’re finding new ways to connect with more people, and creating an innovative, inclusive organisation that can meet the challenges of our ever-evolving world.
‘Art for Scotland: Inspiration for the world’ is Our Vision. Inclusive, original and ambitious – we will make the national collection accessible to all and inspire curiosity across the world.
At NGS we are committed to looking at how we operate as well as how we engage with our visitors and communities. We want to play our part in tackling the Climate Emergency. We will ensure Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is embedded across our organisation, ensuring everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
Applicants are asked to provide a written statement saying how their skills match the person specification and demonstrate the value and relevance of their experience to the post.
Selection Procedures: The applicants who meet the criteria based on the job description and the person specification and who demonstrate this in their written statement will be selected for interview.
SUMMARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary £29,816 -£32,645
Starting salaries will normally be at the minimum or at a rate that reflects qualifications and/or experience which are of special value for the post and which are above minimum entry requirements.
Hours 42 hours per week inclusive of lunch breaks
Annual Leave 25 days per annum & 11.5 public and privilege holidays
Pension Civil Service pension provisions enables the National Galleries of Scotland to offer a choice of occupational and stakeholder pensions, giving you the flexibility to choose the pension that suits you best.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to Basic Disclosure Scotland security clearance.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 04/10/2022