Social Media Manager
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: Up to £38,738
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust in a newly created role of Social Media Manager which will join a communications team who inspire more people to visit, join and donate to the Trust. They do this by managing marketing, communications, digital, social media and fundraising activity for the charity.
The team also manage the membership experience and our proud to look after over a third-of-a-million members who help support their vital conservation work as well as experience the best of Scotland by being a member of the Trust.
The team works closely with their regional colleagues at their properties and outdoor places to support them in their activities. This work includes ensuring that the uniqueness of each place is well communicated as well as being presented in the context of the wider Trust brand and messaging.
This stand-alone specialised role will ensure that the Trust is maximising its effectiveness at reaching new and existing audiences with relevant and compelling content through social media channels that inspires continued and deepening engagement.
Formally based at the Trust’s HQ in Edinburgh but the nature of most of their roles lend themselves to working flexibly in terms of location, and affords ongoing opportunities to experience properties and places on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities of the role:
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY AND IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
• You will be responsible for developing a clear strategy for social media that can demonstrate how it will deliver clear value in support of the Trust’s ten-year strategy.
• Be responsible for ensuring there is a clear annual implementation plan for social media, nationally and regionally, so that everyone is clear on what needs to be done, and when.
LEAD ON NATIONAL ACCOUNTS
• You will be responsible for planning, writing and publishing content on the Trust’s national social media accounts, plus helping to curate social media content archives. Social media accounts include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, plus many other leading platforms.
• The content you lead on will be aligned to marketing campaigns, fundraising appeals, key property events, and major project updates across the Trust. The key is to ensure what you publish is part of a wider integrated set of plans.
• All content you are responsible for will confirm to the Trust’s Editorial Policy regarding matters of brand, accuracy and legality.
SUPPORTING OUR REGIONAL TEAMS
• You will help them strike the right balance between which social media accounts are managed centrally and those that are updated and managed by local property and place teams.
• You will develop policy and practical guidance so that all parts of the Trust know what they need to do to follow brand, technical and other considerations when using social media.
• You will provide training support and oversee the recommended distribution of relevant software licences so that everyone involved in social media at the Trust can maximise their effectiveness.
Key skills and experience required:
• Demonstrable track record at managing an organisation’s social media presence
• Clear knowledge of the leading social media software platforms they may choose to use
• Evidence of leading training programmes across teams
• Experience with brand ambassadors, influencers and brand partners and know how to deliver credible and compelling content and communications
• Experience of the day-to-day management of social media accounts for a complex organisation
• Experience of creating written and image-led content for social media and optimising for a range of audiences and different channels
• Strong planning and organisational skills, comfortable working across multiple social platforms at the same time
• Monitoring and reporting on measurable performance objectives for social media using Google Analytics or equivalent tools
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £35,023 to £38,738 per annum with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date for applications 5.00pm Friday 25th March 2022 and interviews for shortlisted candidates 7th April 2022.
Application Deadline: Friday 25/03/2022