Steward - HES/23/327 - The Scottish Borders
Organisation: Historic Environment Scotland
Salary: £21,452 - £22,272 pro rata, per annum
Location: Jedburgh Abbey / Melrose Abbey / Dryburgh Abbey / Hermitage Castle
Your role of Steward at Historic Environment Scotland will be a Part Year Permanent position with hours up to 30th September 2024 the likely start date for this role is in March 2024.
Are you looking for a flexible seasonal job that is both fun and unique? You’ll get a unique view into Scotland’s rich history and gain valuable experience in the tourism industry and help bring Scotland’s dramatic history to life for our visitors from across the world. Explore the fascinating stories from Scotland’s past and share your passion with international and local visitors who come during the season.
You can work at one of the following attractions:
• Jedburgh Abbey – Local landmark with Romanesque and early gothic architecture.
• Melrose Abbey – Burial place of the Heart of Robert the Bruce.
• Dryburgh Abbey – a romantic rural ruin and final burial place of Sir Walter Scott and Earl Haig.
• Hermitage Castle – One of the most sinister and atmospheric castles in Scotland.
The Scottish Borders is home to some fantastic and unique attractions, the iconic Border Abbeys in Melrose, Jedburgh and Dryburgh alongside the atmospheric Hermitage Castle.
Together these attracted around 80,000 visitors in 2023.
Benefits of working with HES
– A generous holiday allowance of 25 days holidays + 11.5 public holidays per year (pro-rata for employees)
– A Civil Service pension which means you will receive an employer contribution of 27% of your annual salary
– Free entry to Historic Environment Scotland sites (with up to three guests) and all English Heritage, Manx and Cadw properties
– Discounts on 100’s of online retailers
– Interest free loans for bicycles and annual travel passes
Application Deadline: Sunday 14/01/2024