Steward - HES/23/330 Cairnpapple Hill (Seasonal)
Organisation: Historic Environment Scotland
Salary: £21,452 - £22,272 pro rata, per annum
Location: Lothians - Cairnpapple Hill
Your role of Steward at Historic Environment Scotland will be a seasonal position up until 30th September. The likely start date for this role is in mid-March 2024.
Are you looking for a flexible seasonal job that is both fun and unique? You’ll get a unique view into Scotland’s rich history and gain valuable experience in the tourism industry and help bring Scotland’s dramatic history to life for our visitors from across the world. Explore the fascinating stories from Scotland’s past and share your passion with international and local visitors who come to Cairnpapple Hill during the season.
Cairnpapple Hill is one of the best known prehistoric sites on mainland Scotland. As well as exploring the significant history, visitors are invited to take in the stunning views across the Forth Valley and beyond. As a steward, you are key to enhancing that experience by engaging with visitors about all aspects of the site.
Cairnpapple Hill sits within Lothian District, which is made up of 7 staffed sites and 27 unstaffed sites. Nearby properties include Linlithgow Palace, Blackness Castle and Kinneil House.
Benefits of working with HES
– A generous holiday allowance of 25 days holidays + 11.5 public holidays per year (pro-rata for employees)
– A Civil Service pension which means you will receive an employer contribution of 27% of your annual salary
– Free entry to Historic Environment Scotland sites (with up to three guests) and all English Heritage, Manx and Cadw properties
– Discounts on 100’s of online retailers
– Interest free loans for bicycles and annual travel passes
Application Deadline: Sunday 14/01/2024