Steward - HES/23/334 Glasgow Cathedral
Organisation: Historic Environment Scotland
Location: Glasgow and Strathclyde
Your role of Steward at Historic Environment Scotland will be a part year permanent position, running from Easter until the end of September/October each year. The likely start date for this role is in March 2024.
Are you looking for a flexible seasonal job that is both fun and unique? You’ll get a unique view into Scotland’s rich history and gain valuable experience in the tourism industry and help bring Scotland’s dramatic history to life for our visitors from across the world. Explore the fascinating stories from Scotland’s past and share your passion with international and local visitors who come to Glasgow & Strathclyde during the season.
You will have the opportunity to work at Glasgow Cathedral, near the heart of Scotland’s largest city. It’s the only medieval cathedral on the Scottish mainland to have survived the Protestant Reformation of 1560 virtually intact.
Glasgow & Strathclyde is a vibrant area of Scotland, encompassing 21 sites from Dunbartonshire to Ayrshire, including Glasgow and Lanarkshire. Our team works across a wide range of sites including castles, cathedrals, and gasworks. As a steward, you are key to enhancing the experience of our visitors by engaging with them about all aspects of our unique sites. Glasgow Cathedral welcomes upwards of 400,000 visitors per year, and hosts a mix of secular and religious events throughout the year.
Benefits of working with HES
– A generous holiday allowance of 25 days holidays + 11.5 public holidays per year (pro-rata for employees)
– A Civil Service pension which means you will receive an employer contribution of 27% of your annual salary
– Free entry to Historic Environment Scotland sites (with up to three guests) and all English Heritage, Manx and Cadw properties
– Discounts on 100’s of online retailers
– Interest free loans for bicycles and annual travel passes
Application Deadline: Sunday 14/01/2024