Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: £18,038 per annum
To assist in the provision of stores section services to the Living Collection Department at Edinburgh Zoo in line with agreed procedures and quality standards and in support of RZSS’ vision and mission.
This is a full time, fixed term position, working hours are 37.5 hours per week and weekend working will be required.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Ensures food supply comes into the zoo and is delivered to the animal areas each day as a priority.
* Assists in the control of stock levels, including annual and other regular stock takes.
* Maintains stock control records and other stock control activities in line with agreed procedures and standards.
* Issues and transports goods around the park to meet the requirements of the relevant animal sections daily.
* Collects agreed goods, supplies and samples from sections around the park, as well as suppliers, before delivering as required.
* Maintains the safe and clean condition of the stores section and vehicles, and reports all items requiring maintenance as set out in the relevant procedures.
What we’re looking for:
* Educated to standard grade level or equivalent qualifications
* Basic knowledge and understanding of stock control systems
* Full UK driving licence
* Accuracy and attention to detail in record-keeping
Please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities’ page for details on how to apply and to see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
Application Deadline: Thursday 03/02/2022