Organisation: Deanston Distillery
Salary: £11.46 per hour
Location: Deanston Distillery Visitor Centre
Purpose of Role
To deliver a first class Deanston Distillery Experience for all our customers and visitors whilst assisting in the day to day running of the Distillery Visitor Centre (DVC).
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities
Includes but is not limited to:
– Demonstrate a pride and passion for Deanston Distillery, Scotch whisky and other Distell brands.
– Deliver the Distell high performance culture by leading by example.
– Support the realisation of the vision for the Deanston Distillery Visitor Centre (DVC) through the Scotch Whisky & future Gin Experiences from our sister distillery, Tobermory, and the DVC Retail Store.
– Display professional communication, behaviours and actions resulting in a high level of credibility, trust and respect from customers, visitors and colleagues.
– Engage customers and visitors in the Deanston Distillery Experiences accurately, informatively and with passion. This to include the development, implementation and delivery of guided tours and experiences, events, retailing/merchandise, marketing campaigns and virtual sessions.
– Carry out with enthusiasm all duties related to the merchandising and retailing aspect of the role including till work, cash handling and safe/banking.
– Maintain the required DVC stock levels and carry out stock taking and store work.
– Prepare stock for sale – to include filling bottles, building packaging and related tasks.
– Carry out cleaning and housekeeping to maintain attractive and functional extended DVC work areas – floors, surfaces, glasses, wash areas, toilets etc.
– Participate in administrative tasks and the development and use of new approaches to the work of the DVC – to include email and telephone enquiries, web work, tilling, DigiTickets, social media, etc.
– Assist with the planning of tours and shifts.
– Provide training and support to new team members, promoting business and team values and the achievement of departmental and business objectives.
– Embrace community engagement.
– Work within the standards of CVH Spirits and Deanston DVC’s health and safety policy, ensuring compliance at all times.
– Be adaptable and embrace the continuous process change in CVH Spirits.
– Carry out other reasonable duties/tasks as required to deliver and meet the objectives of the DVC. This will include working at weekends, occasional evening work in the corporate and online facilities, project work.
• None specifically.
Professional Skills & Experience
• Experience working with customers in a busy hospitality or retail environment.
• Ability to speak an additional language is a distinct advantage.
Specific Company or Industry Knowledge
• Experience working in the drinks, tourism and travel, guiding or retail industry is highly desirable.
Functional Skills / Attributes
• Experience of till work, POS systems, on line platforms desirable
• Microsoft Office skills desirable
• Experience using virtual and online tools such as Zoom and/or other platforms desirable
Behaviours & Competencies
• Friendly, confident and enthusiastic.
• Strong communication skills with ability to entertain and engage with people one on one or in large groups.
• Pride and a passion for Deanston distillery and Scotch whisky in general.
• Appetite and enthusiasm for learning.
• Strong team player who can collaborate well with others.
• Ability to work enthusiastically under pressure.
• Self-motivated who can work efficiently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to multi-task, moving from one task to another in a swiftly manner
• An interest and passion for whisky is a strong advantage.
• The enthusiasm and ability to develop your skills as a virtual guide.
• A flexible approach to hours of work over a seven day working week and the year is required and some evening work will be integral to this role.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Saturday 15/07/2023