Tour Guide (Seasonal)
Organisation: The GlenAllachie Distillery
Salary: £11.55 per hour
Location: Aberlour, Moray
Do you have a passion for talking all things whisky, good communication skills, an engaging character and the enthusiasm to deliver an exceptional experience for tourists? We may have the role for you.
We are currently looking for a part-time seasonal tour guide to join the GlenAllachie Team, working April to October, approximately 3 days a week.
The GlenAllachie Visitor Centre opened in May 2019 and since then has exceeded our expectations. So much so, that we’re looking to expand our team once more. We’re looking for a fun, energetic person with a bubbly personality who has a passion for whisky and delivering outstanding customer service. The candidate should be confident, self-motivated, have a strong work ethic and work well as part of a team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to represent multi-award-winning brands, meet people from all over the world and work with a wonderful and passionate team.
· Lead distillery tours and tastings, offering engaging, informative experiences that reflect and uphold the brand’s values and personal approach.
· Serve drinks in the bar, proactively providing information and telling our brand stories.
· Assist customers in the shop, make sales, accurately process them through the till and confidently handle cash.
· Collaborate with the wider Visitor Centre team in the smooth running the shop, ensuring all displays are well maintained and stock is replenished in a timely manner.
· Act as an ambassador for our brands, answering questions and providing information in an approachable and informative way.
· Deliver a consistently high standard of customer service, maintaining our 5-star TripAdvisor rating and hard-earnt reputation for unparalleled customer care.
· Ensure the Visitor Centre and public routes are kept clean, tidy and free from risks and hazards at all times.
· Enjoy working with the public and trade.
· Passionate about hospitality and the whisky industry.
· Enthusiasm for delivering an outstanding experience to visitors.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a “can do” attitude.
· A fast learner, able to quickly learn all the key information required.
· Knowledge of tour booking system Checkfront would be useful but not essential.
· Knowledge of alcohol licencing law is useful but not essential.
Previous experience in a similar environment and knowledge of whisky would be preferred, but is not essential, as full training will be provided. Flexibility is a must as opening times will vary depending on the time of year and occasional evening work may be required.
Application Deadline: Friday 24/03/2023