Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: £22,617 per annum
Location: EH12 6TS
The role – 6 Months Fixed Term
To carry out veterinary nursing duties in support of our animal welfare strategy and to deliver an excellent quality service in line with agreed procedures and service standards, in support of the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) vision and mission.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Ensure the health and welfare of animals in your care is managed to the highest standard, considering relevant legislation and best practice animal management and health and safety.
* Assist as directed by your manager in patient treatment, lab analysis and sample transportation.
* Ensure that all vet equipment, lab, pharmacy and vet procedure rooms are maintained in a safe and clean condition.
* Responsible for the running of the pharmacy; ensuring guidelines set out by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Medicines Directorate legislation are met.
* Carry out ordering of equipment, pharmaceuticals and consumables and ensure stock-taking procedures and expiry are all well maintained as per procedures and standards.
* Maintaining liquid nitrogen stock levels, ordering and organising delivery.
What we’re looking for:
* You’ll have a Veterinary Nursing Certificate, Level 3 and a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) and working knowledge of veterinary legislation and best practice.
* Proven practical experience in Mixed (Large and Small animal) practice.
* Experience of working in a small team and the ability to work individually as well as part of a team and demonstrate good organisational and time management skills.
* The ability to undertake basic laboratory procedures in-house. Have experience with current anaesthetic and surgical techniques.
* Full driving licence.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for this position will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once a successful candidate has been found. Interested candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as quickly as possible.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities page for further information and details on how to apply.
Application Deadline: Friday 30/12/2022