Visitor Assistant & Evening Guide
Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Hours: Days available will range from 2 – 4 days per week and will include weekends. Daily shifts will be from 5 – 8 hours per day.
Pay: £9.50 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Led by Chief Executive, Bob Downie, Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which? Magazine 2020) and Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 13 years running. Britannia is also Tripadvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best award winner, and the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Visitor Experience department is now looking for a Visitor Assistant & Evening Guide who is enthusiastic, with a smart appearance, a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a passion for exceptional customer care.
At The Royal Yacht Britannia the highest standards of customer service are part of everyday life. A five-star visitor attraction where quality and attention to detail matter. Full training will be given and uniform provided.
As part of our Visitor Experience team you will report to the Visitor Experience Manager. The job is based in our Visitor Centre and on board Britannia, on the outer decks, and inside on the tour route. The position can be physically demanding as you will be mainly standing throughout the duration of your shift.
You will be expected to ensure our visitors have a safe and enjoyable visit and to provide the high levels of service for which Britannia is renowned.
Other responsibilities will include:
– Providing a warm welcome to visitors
– Interacting with visitors throughout their tour
– Helping visitors use their audio handset
– Assisting with queue management
– Work as a guide at Britannia’s exclusive evening events and private tours
– Any other Visitor Assistant duties as required
Company benefits include:
– 33 days annual holiday entitlement
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
– 10% non-contributory company pension
– Life assurance
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme
– Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia
– Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal
– Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: 20th October 2021
No agencies please.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 20/10/2021