Visitor Attraction Associate
Organisation: The Glenturret Distillery
Salary: £19,300 (pro-rata)
Location: The Glenturret Distillery. Perthshire.
Position Title: Visitor Attraction Associate
Position Type: Tourism/Retail/Housekeeping
Work Location: The Glenturret Distillery
Reports To: Senior Visitor Attraction Associate
The Visitor Attraction Associate is a multi-skilled position. The role will involve undertaking tasks and activities which support the smooth and safe operations of our Visitor Experience including:
General administrative duties.
This is a crucial and important role within the team, and you will be required to provide a first-class customer service experience. From warmly greeting the visitors, efficiently operating the reception area and till, guiding through the production areas, to promoting brands, providing guidance on questions and upselling products alongside assisting in the shop. The ability to work together as a team and have exemplary communication skills are imperative.
Building strong rapport with visitors is key ensuring they leave with complete satisfaction.
• Provide a consistently high standard of visitor experience.
• Welcome visitors with special requirements/impairments, providing a level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
• Provide information about the Distillery – the history, merchandise, process, offers.
• Visitor attraction always presented as an outstanding venue to visit, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and organisation in both customer and non-customer facing areas.
• Complete all training deemed appropriate to ensure effective job performance.
• All systems and procedures laid down by each department are followed with detailed accuracy.
• Aware of the daily business needs by referring to the appropriate communication channels.
• Maximising every opportunity to upsell on experiences and products tailored to the visitors’ needs, ensuring they have the best experience possible.
• To build relationships and delight our visitors with a highly engaging and interactive experience within all areas that showcases Scotland at its best.
o Handling enquiries – Phone call or Email
o Facilitating tour bookings
o Delivering Distillery tours
o Fulfilling retail transactions
o Till and finance management
o Daily spot stock checks
o Accurate daily reporting
o Getting E-commerce packages ready to dispatch
o Support Lalique Boutique
o Any other reasonable request
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies will be advantageous, but all training will be provided.
• Strong organisational and people skills
• Be prepared to work flexibly across a broad range of duties including the ability and willingness to learn and try new things by stepping out of your comfort zone.
• Hard working and highly motivated.
• Work well as part of a team.
• A confident approach.
• Personable “front of house” personality.
• Must have strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Smart appearance
• Able to work under pressure.
• Highest standards in customer service and care, with a keen eye for attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively. Having an open and honest way of communicating with team members and visitors.
• Strong empathy and understanding.
• Keen ability to improvise and adapt.
• Focuses on building rapport with visitors, being able to proactively anticipate their needs to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Engaging storyteller.
This role will attract a basic salary of £19,300
Each member of this team will earn a monthly commission payment based on the achievement of the departmental monthly revenue targets.
Working to the highest standards underpin everything that we do at Glenturret.
The Glenturret provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, The Glenturret complies with, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you are interested in this position please send your application including CV to email@example.com
Closing date is: 24th September 2021
Application Deadline: Friday 24/09/2021