Visitor Experience Assistant
Organisation: The Tall Ship Glenlee
Location: The Tall Ship, 150 Pointhouse Place, Kelvin Harbour, Glasagow, G3 8RS
About the Tall Ship
The Tall Ship is one of the city’s busiest, vibrant visitor attractions located in the heart of Glasgow at the Riverside Museum and River Clyde. Of the many hundreds of ships built in Glasgow’s shipyards, the Glenlee is one of only five Clyde built tall ships still afloat in the world today and she is the only one of her kind in the UK. We are an independent museum and venue committed to the preservation and interpretation of the Glenlee and increasing awareness of Glasgow’s maritime history for the benefit of local people and visitors to Glasgow.
This is a rare opportunity to join our experienced Visitor Experience Team at the Tall Ship. We are recruiting friendly, enthusiastic individuals with a passion for hospitality and visitor attractions. Previous experience in customer or visitor service, food & beverage or retail is essential. You will be joining a strong team during this busy time and successful candidates will possess outstanding communication skills, a strong eye for detail with an instinctive approach to working with people.
This role is based on board the Glenlee in a front of house setting encompassing the full visitor experience including welcoming visitors at the ticket office, café, gift shop, tours and events space including a licensed bar. Candidates should anticipate working in a fast paced, high volume environment with the over 2000 visitors per day at peak times.
• Working with colleagues to ensure the effective, efficient and safe running of the ship guaranteeing a high quality, on-brand, visitor experience.
• Expected to ensure every visitor has positive and memorable contact with staff, whether they are individuals, small groups, large groups, school groups, people with disabilities, families etc
• Assist with facilitating family activities and events, contributing ideas and suggestions to enhance the visitor experience.
• Ensure the ship, together with its environs, visitor facilities and equipment are maintained and presented to a high standard.
• Experience in working in hospitality, catering and events in advantageous. A can-do attitude is a must!
• Flexibility is required to fulfil this role as shifts are to suit the needs of the business and range from daytime, back shift and occasional night shifts to cover late night and overnight events
• Ability to enthuse people throughout their visit with great interpersonal skills
• Have good people engagement and communication skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
• Good problem-solving skills and be able to work on own initiative
• Ability to manage and respond quickly to customer needs and feedback
• Ability to work as part of a team, to motivate and inspire people
• Ability and willingness to work weekends and occasional evening
This is an ideal opportunity for someone keen to develop and grow in visitor engagement and events management.
To apply please send a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24/03/2023
Application Deadline: Friday 24/03/2023