Visitor Experience Assistant
Organisation: National Museums Scotland
Salary: £21,537 pro rata per annum
Location: EH39 5LF
Job: Visitor Experience Assistant
Salary: £21,537 pro rata per annum (£14,552 actual salary per annum)
Benefits: Fantastic pension (26.6%), Generous annual leave!
Hours: 25 Hours (Permanent) (5 days across 7) or 21 Hours (Permanent) (3 days across 7). Seasonal 1 April – 31 Oct.
Location: National Museum of Flight (East Lothian)
National Museums Scotland is one of the leading museum groups in Europe. Our Museum of Flight is located on the site of the UK’s best preserved Second World War airfield and has a collection of over 50 aircrafts and Scotland’s only Concorde!
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate, honest, service-driven individuals to join our team.
As Visitor Experience Assistant with National Museum of Flight you will:
• Be proactive, approachable and visitor focussed in being ready to offer support, directions and assistance to visitors.
• Be visible at all times, maintaining a consistent, engaging and professional manner in providing a high-quality customer service.
• To support a broad range of public programmes, exhibitions and events e.g. facilitating group visits and learning events for a wide range of visitors.
• Friendly and approachable
• Good organisational and communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Able to resolve incidents to a satisfactory outcome,
• Able to travel reliably to site
• Work to a systematic rota that includes weekend working
• Civil service pension (26.6% employer contributions!)
• Generous Annual leave: 36.5 days! (pro rata where appropriate & Inclusive of public holidays)
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Free access to national (and international) museums and exhibitions!
• Exclusive discounts on both local and national high street and online retailers!
For us, hiring the right person for the right job is everything to us. We want to encourage you to apply if you think the this is the role for you!
If you would like to apply we would advise that you read through the full recruitment pack for this role and apply directly via our website linked below.
National Museums Scotland (nms.ac.uk)
Application Deadline: Wednesday 09/08/2023