Visitor Experience Assistant - Retail (part-time)
Organisation: The Scottish Seabird Centre
Location: North Berwick
We’re looking for a retail assistant who loves to help customers have the best experience possible, is keen to share their enthusiasm for our products and who shares the charity’s values and love for our coastal environment. We’re the main information hub of the Centre, so the job is varied and involves not only merchandising and selling to customers, but also promoting all the other aspects of the centre as well as helping people find their way around the local area. At times, you will be asked to help the wider team in the boat office, café, or Discovery Experience, so this role is never dull!
• Supporting visitors and members with enquiries at the information/ retail desk.
• Support the selection of new products and sale of items in our gift shop that fit with our environmental sustainability policy.
• Ensure all displays and counters are appropriately stocked and presented.
• Process new stock deliveries and participate in stock counts.
• Assist with the development of our online shop content, postage, and packaging of sales.
• Support our exclusive member events.
Essential skills and experience
• Consistent delivery of a high-quality visitor experience, with a customer-focused attitude.
• A confident communicator – verbal and written.
• Organised with an ability to take the initiative and prioritise your work.
• A team player – adaptable and flexible to a varied working environment.
• Attention to detail and providing accurate information.
• Ability to problem-solve.
• Basic maths skills.
• Basic Microsoft systems skills and a willingness to learn our sales system.
• An interest in Scotland’s marine and coastal environment
• An awareness of and alignment with environmental sustainability principles and practice.
Please visit our website for the full job description and application details.
Application Deadline: Friday 11/02/2022