Visitor Experience Assistant - Retail (part-time)
Organisation: The Scottish Seabird Centre
Location: North Berwick
Our Visitor Experience Assistants are key members of our team who act as the first point of contact for visitors – welcoming them to the Centre, providing information on what we do and helping people to learn more about Scotland’s amazing marine wildlife and habitats.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has an interest in supporting the development of our retail offer so that it provides the best local and sustainable products that we can offer.
• Support the selection of new products and sale of items in our gift shop.
• Ensure all displays and counters are appropriately stocked and presented.
• Process new stock deliveries and participate in stock counts.
• Assist with the development of our online shop content, postage and packaging of sales.
• Welcome everyone to the Centre with a warm smile and provide information to them on what they can do.
• Support the booking systems for our experience activities (boats, discovery, and events) and process admission tickets and/or refunds.
• Promote the benefits of membership and/or our Friends and wildlife adoptions schemes to visitors.
The Visitor Experience Assistant – Retail may occasionally be asked to provide additional support in our discovery experience or boat office. Training for this will be provided.
• Work safely, observing all Health & Safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure all displays, equipment and public areas are fully operational and clean (special COVID-19 safety measures are currently in place).
• Carry out any other relevant duties as directed, that is within the competence of the post holder.
• Support and participate in special themed events/activities in the Centre.
Essential skills and experience
• A high-quality customer-focused attitude.
• A confident communicator – verbal and written.
• Organised with an ability to take the initiative and prioritise your work.
• A team player – adaptable and flexible to a varied working environment.
• Attention to detail and providing accurate information.
• Ability to problem-solve.
• Proficient with IT skills.
• Basic maths skills.
Desirable skills and experience
• An interest in Scotland’s marine and coastal environment
• An awareness of and alignment with environmental sustainability principles and practice.
Please visit our website for the full job description and application details.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 04/05/2022