Visitor Experience Host
Organisation: Belhaven Brewery Visitor Centre
Due to the success of the Belhaven Visitor Experience, we are now looking for an additional member to join the team!
This role is very much the face of Belhaven, as the first person visitors to the brewery meet.
It is an exciting role which offers a broad scope of activities that support the smooth and safe operations of our visitor experience and shop, including; Meet & Greet, Admissions, Retail, Food & Drink, Events, Guiding activities and general administrative duties together with promoting Belhaven beers at events, where required.
The role is full time – 5 days p/week – 2 days of which must be a Friday and Saturday. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Working hours are 08.30 to 16.45 with one hour for lunch.
Provide a consistently high standard of visitor experience at all times
· Greet all business visitors and trade customers in a professional and warm manner
· Welcome shoppers and visitors and process their admission/retail purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
· Welcome visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
· Provide information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise.
· Handle general deliveries to and enquiries about the site, notifying the relevant Belhaven staff of deliveries.
Maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation
· Ensure shop is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
· Maintain general tidiness of all areas as necessary e.g. toilets, waste bins, shelving, stock items and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required.
· Work in harmony with other departments at the property.
Assist with Retail/Food & Drink/Events/Guiding duties
· Manage the new Belhaven shop, from stock control to sales of beer and merchandise;
· Correctly handle all cash and card transaction, reconciling sales and revenue at the end of each business day.
· Adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies and to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
· Ensure that retail merchandising is displayed to maximise appeal and purchase.
· Ensure good housekeeping of bar areas, appliances, store rooms and other back of house areas.
· Assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events in liaison with the events coordinator.
· Be prepared to work flexibly across departments and sites as needed.
· Assist with additional hospitality events. Staff may be asked to work late hours and / weekends.
· Provide information on the history and stories of the Brewery, and conduct tastings to visitors as tour guide (training will be given for this).
· Delightful “front of house” persona – warm, welcoming, patient, understanding.
· Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
· Flexible, helpful outlook to customers and colleagues.
· Living the values of Belhaven / GK and encourage colleagues to do the same.
· The ability and willingness to learn and try new things, to be flexible and step outside of your comfort zone.
· An open and honest way of communicating, ready to ask others for their ideas and to be open to hear and consider different points of view.
· A pro-active approach to taking initiative and so improve daily operations and deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
· Experience in storytelling and a passion for Scottish heritage and history.
On the job experience in existing or comparable role
· Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing retail-based role, ideally food and drink, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills.
· Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions – ideally in a heritage/tourism context – with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation.
· Experience in EPOS style till operation and excellent cash handling skills.
· Good selling skills – adaptable to customer type and product.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 10/08/2022