Visitor Experience Manager
Organisation: Eden Scott
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) a leading conservation charity who connect people to nature and safeguard wildlife across the globe.
At Edinburgh Zoo and Highland Wildlife Park, diverse and dedicated teams care for almost 3,000 amazing animals and carry out cutting-edge science and research. The wild experts based in RZSS zoos support an incredible range of projects and direct conservation action, from the Highlands of Scotland to the wetlands of Brazil and rainforests of Uganda.
As our natural environment faces a biodiversity crisis, RZSS is inspiring and empowering communities to help save animals from extinction.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as Visitor Experience Manager for their Highland Wildlife Park situated in the Cairngorms National Park, seven miles south of Aviemore.
This role will lead the visitor experience and catering team(s) including the day-to-day operations of visitor experience and manage Highland Wildlife Park as an accessible, exciting, and secure visitor attraction, ensuring five-star customer service standards and generating income levels in line with agreed targets. As part of the management team, this role will contribute to strategic planning in support of RZSS achieving its mission and aims.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• To manage Visitor Experience operations, including admissions and catering in line with visitor numbers in the region of 200K per annum
• Direct line management of the Assistant Visitor Experience Manager and administrator, Catering Coordinator indirectly Visitor Experience Team Leaders, and all visitor experience assistants
• Ensure the delivery of a five-star visitor experience
• Manage and oversee gate income of approx. £1.5M making sure gift aid is maximized
• Act as the visitor duty manager, responding to incidents on site such as first aid and security
• Work alongside the membership and adoptions team to promote these income streams to visitors
• Gather face to face visitor feedback and contribute to the improvement process
• Manage, oversee, and contribute to departmental budgets of approx. £300,000 (including payroll, end of year accounts and financial spreadsheets, Loomis contracts, Park signage, vehicle presentation/maintenance and coordinating printing of Park maps/information leaflets) and oversee the daily operations of the site during opening hours
Key skills and experience required:
• Experience of working in a similar visitor attraction or similar environment
• Significant experience of team leading in a customer service environment including catering management
• Significant experience of providing a positive, first-class customer care service, including dealing with customer queries and complaints
This role offers an excellent competitive salary circa £35k DOE for the right candidate with significant company benefits including 34 days holidays and a re-location package and assistance with accommodation for a candidate moving to the area.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with RZSS on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
No closing date has been set.
Application Deadline: Thursday 31/03/2022