Visitor Experience Manager
Organisation: The Tall Ship Glenlee
Ahoy there! Are you seeking a new plaice where you can have the chance to sea up close a piece of maritime history and join a dedicated team caring for one of Glasgow iconic visitor attractions? Why not read on, you cod join our crew and have a whale of time!
The Tall Ship Glenlee Built in 1896 is a former merchant sailing vessel and the last remaining 3 masted Clydebuilt ship still afloat in the UK.
The mission of the Clyde Maritime Trust is to care for the Glenlee and share the history of ships built on the Clyde for the benefit of all to enjoy and learn through its unique maritime heritage.
We seek an experienced person who can lead the Visitor Experience Team to deliver an outstanding and engaging experience and work alongside our Learning and Access Manager to create a rewarding and welcoming culture. We offer our visitors many opportunities to engage with us through schools and youth groups, celebration events, concerts, storytelling and much more and you could be at the heart of it all.
You might be someone who has specific skills in relevant areas and looking to develop or you may be seeking an opportunity to lead a team and deliver on new and exciting ways to tell our story and promote our unique visitor attraction in an iconic Glasgow Attraction. Regardless you will be a key member of our management team helping shape the future of our organisation.
• Daily presentation of the Ship for visitors in liaison with the Senior Management Team – e.g. Ship Manager, Learning and Access Manager
• Leadership, Recruitment, training and development of Visitor Experience Team
• Delivery of Visitor Experience– Visitor interaction, Café, Retail, Tours, Events and management of the team
• Health & Safety as appropriate for the working environment
• Product Development fit for a high-quality interactive visitor attraction
• Revenue Generation via commercial enterprise – retail, events, tours
• Budgeting & Forecasting, reporting on KPI’s, trends and analysis
• Supplier Liaison and quality monitoring
• Suitable leadership management experience of a hospitality or visitor attraction business including: Retail, ticketing, tours, events.
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of and experience MS Office packages
• Ability to work independently and show initiative
• Good time management and prioritisation skills
• Demonstrable analytical and numerical skills
• Ability to advise and collaborate with colleagues on financial management, budgeting and forecasting
• Problem-solving skills
We operate seasonally adjusted opening hours and the role will require some evening and weekend cover. Winter opening hours – 5 days – Wed through Sunday, Summer opening hours 7 days per week.
Line Management responsibility: Asst VE Manager, Events Co-ordinator, VE supervisor (1FT & 1 PT), various VE Operatives as required.
Interviews will take place week beginning 5th Sept 2022 and initial meetings can be either in person or via MS Teams/Zoom.
Please forward an up to date CV and a cover letter detailing how you match the criteria above and what you believe you could bring to the team.
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/08/2022