Visitor Experience Manager
Organisation: National Museums Scotland
Salary: £27,107 - £29,475
Location: National Museum of Flight
To manage the Visitor Experience team at the National Museum of Flight to ensure the delivery of an excellent visitor experience with consistently high standards of service that also compliments and supports the broad range of learning activity and events undertaken throughout the Museum.
• To manage and motivate the Visitor Experience team at the National Museum of Flight to deliver an excellent visitor experience which is welcoming and enables them to get the most out of their visit.
• To be responsible for the effective training and development of the Visitor Experience team, allowing high standards to be maintained in all aspects of their work.
• To ensure effective communication and engagement with Visitor Experience staff, involving them where appropriate in pursuit of improving the visitor experience.
• To take responsibility during incidents and emergency situations, liaising with appropriate stakeholders, to ensure the health, safety and access/exit of visitors and staff and the safeguarding of the collections.
• To ensure the continued development and improvement of the Visitor Experience function and that visitor or staff feedback is responded to appropriately, liaising effectively with other Departments across the Museum and NMSE as necessary.
• To maintain a regular and prominent ‘on the floor’ presence on a daily basis, anticipating the needs of visitors and the Visitor Experience team as appropriate.
• To be responsible for developing and managing the Visitor Experience rosters, ensuring that there is flexibility in the use of staff on a daily basis.
• To manage the daily operation of the ticketing, cash and data collection process.
• To support the organisation of, and act as Duty Manager for, receptions, events and programmes.
• To manage and Chair team meetings, internal Departmental meetings and external partners meetings on a regular schedule to ensure effective communication channels are open and available to your team.
• To manage the delegated Visitor Experience operational and resource budgets on a day to day basis.
• To be responsible for the Recruitment and Selection and Induction of direct reports.
• To act as Project Manager to assist the Project Director in the planning and delivery of large events at the National Museum of Flight.
• To ensure defects are reported, managed and resolved in a timely manner.
• To be committed to good health and safety and access practice and ensure familiarity with National Museums Health and Safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties as indicated by the needs of the visitor or as directed by the General Manager or Head of Department.
• A consistent, customer focused approach that puts our visitors and audiences at the heart of all Visitor Experience activity.
• An awareness of customer needs and expectations which are translated into a welcoming, high quality service for all visitors.
• Efficient team working.
• A well-trained and motivated Visitor Experience workforce that is committed to the continued enhancement of the visitor experience.
• Increased visitor satisfaction from the museum experience(s)
• Effective partnership working and engagement with other departments, external partners and the trade unions in pursuit of an improved visitor experience.
• Cost-effective use of resources
• Effective communication of NMS programmes/events
• Achieve Visit Scotland 5 Star Quality Grading on annual basis
• Continual improvement of feedback from various sources
Application Deadline: Sunday 16/10/2022