Visitor Officers - post 1 37 hrs p/wk, post 2 14 hrs p/wk
Organisation: Live Borders
Salary: £9.90 per hour
Take an active role in the day to day operation in all aspects of the venue (front desk, galleries, café and gift shop), working as part of a team to ensure successful delivery of services to the public.
Below is a range of tasks you will be required to perform in the role. You will be trained on all aspects, with rotation of duties managed through the staff rota.
1. To champion a world class visitor experience at all times and act as a role model for exceptional service.
2. Undertake reception duties, (eg admission of members of the public, dealing with enquiries, process bookings, dealing with retail sales, maintain and monitor records, etc)
1. Work in the Visitor Centre shop actively upselling products, re-stocking shelves and ensuring general up keep of the area.
2. Work in the visitor centre café preparing and serving light meals, snacks, hot and cold beverages.
3. Control stock rotation and manage stock levels in café
4. Manage stock inventory for retail and visitor materials.
5. To proactively encourage donations, take every opportunity to upsell events, café and shop facilities, including corporate events and group bookings.
6. Accurately deliver GTOS Visitor Centre and local visitor information using a range of resources including, on site materials and digital tools.
7. Follow daily cleaning and housekeeping tasks associated with maintaining an excellent customer service experience, including but not limited to; clearing tables and disposing of food waste, washing up, cleaning of equipment, stores, customer toilet checks throughout the day, stairwell and lift clean and clear of any debris, welcome area outside building is clean as well as all public facing areas of the visitor centre.
8. Assist with development of profitable retail operations and excellent customer service.
9. Assist with the proper security of the venue, including key holding duties.
10. In line with legal and operational guidelines, process cash, cheque and card transactions, bank income and complete daily and weekly income records
11. Assist at events including private views, education activities and group visits
12. Undertaking minor maintenance/ repairs as directed to the displays, fixtures and fittings, including replacing light bulbs (where possible), monitoring environmental conditions (where appropriate) and ensuring that all matters of significance are recorded appropriately and reported to the Centre Manager for attention
13. Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues within the organisation
14. Comply with, and ensure compliance with, all Live Borders policies and procedures
15. Ensure services meet Health and Safety standards established by Live Borders
16. As an employee you must take reasonable care for health and safety of yourself, other employees and anyone else who may be affected by your work activities carried out.
Application Deadline: Monday 09/05/2022