Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum (£9.50 per hour)
Location: Tenement House
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented customer focused individuals to join our team Tenement House, Holmwood House and the Weavers Cottage.
These trio of properties are a fabulous offer for tourists and locals to discover Glasgow’s heritage. Staff should be passionate about delivering outstanding customer experiences to our visitors and guests and able to maximise opportunities to generate income. It’s important that Visitor Service Assistants (VSA’s) ensure the property and its assets are safe and secure. Furthermore, we’re looking for team workers who are also able to use their own initiative and are driven to make a difference.
This role is about creating a 5 star visitor experience and providing outstanding customer service.
You will welcome visitors to the property, promote and sell Trust Membership, sell admissions tickets, operate the retail shop and control visitor entry/flow; facilitating their access and enjoyment of the sites while furthering the aims and objectives of the National Trust for Scotland.
A Visitor Services Assistant is crucial to visitors’ “first impression” of the property and in establishing and maintaining the Trust’s reputation as a guardian of Scotland’s heritage and as the organisation that actively wants people to engage with and enjoy the properties it cares for.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Maximising our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure. Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations in Admissions, Retail, Catering and Events activities making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
As a team member you will always provide a consistently high standard of visitor care when:
• Assisting visitors in selecting and purchasing the most appropriate ticket option
• Processing retail deliveries, ensuring that stock is displayed and that the stock is kept tidy
• Guiding visitors throughout the property and providing information on its history, its furnishings and inhabitants, stewarding the rooms when needed along with the volunteer team.
• Handling cash accurately and processing sales
• To actively drive up selling opportunities on membership through strong knowledge and an excellent customer service promoting the value of the trust membership
• Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
• To work across departments when necessary supporting the wider team
• To provide consistently excellent customer service when dealing with high volumes of customers and busy periods.
• Ensuring health and welfare of property staff, volunteers and visitors by adhering to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety). Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision to a high and safe standard.
• Ability to be flexible, in particular to adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day property needs.
• Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Ability to be proactive and to take the initiative. The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required.
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time;
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
Application Deadline: Friday 03/12/2021