Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Mar Lodge Estate
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of Mar Lodge Estate by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the property and its assets are clean, tidy, protected and safe.
This exciting and varied role will support our rangers, visitor services, events and holiday let activities when required, helping to make the property the best possible place to visit and work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming visitors to the estate/property in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner, answering queries and providing information about the property, facilities and the local area.
• Provide a positive visitor experience to the estate by assisting with housekeeping, carparking, property checks, tours, events and onsite activities when required.
• By maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income, and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure you will be a vital part of furthering the valuable work of the National Trust for Scotland
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid;
• Welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• To assist with the general ongoing operational servicing and delivery of visitor facilities across all areas of the property, including our car parks, public toilets, public rooms and spaces, holiday accommodation and other outlying visitor facilities throughout the property.
• Ensuring the property is clear of debris, rubbish etc and that signage is befitting of a Trust property
• Ensuring the property is ready to accept and welcome visitors by the set operational times
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager
• Participate in a duty rota to ensure that visitor’s needs out with normal working hours are supported.
Other duties (where applicable)
• To assist in achieving site events targets and KPI’s.
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitor’s enjoyment.
• To work flexibly across departments and sites as needed.
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
• To ensure that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• No formal educational qualification required.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills and personal standards.
• Excellent “front of house” persona – warm, welcoming, patient, understanding with a flexible and helpful outlook.
• Be responsible and proactive, ensuring all day-to-day tasks are completed as instructed
• Demonstrable excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Ability to work within a team or independently to a high and safe standard
• The ability to take the initiative and address problems or deal with tasks as they arise.
• Full UK driving licence and access to own transport
• Living the values of the National Trust for Scotland and encourage colleagues to do the same
o The ability and willingness to understand others’ perspectives and to consider the impact of your actions on them and to adapt your actions as necessary.
o The ability and willingness to learn and try new things, to be flexible and step outside of your comfort zone.
o An open and honest way of communicating, ready to ask others for their ideas and to be open to hear and consider different points of view.
• Experience in housekeeping or equivalent.
• Recognised First Aid Qualification
• An understanding and commitment to the aims and objectives of the National Trust for Scotland.
• A passion for Scottish heritage and history
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 05/05/2023