Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Here at National Trust for Scotland’s INVEREWE GARDEN and CORRIESHALLOCH GORGE in the idyllic North West Scottish Highlands we are looking for energetic, cheerful, and talkative individuals to join our amazing welcome team this summer. No previous experience is needed, we would just love to hear from people who can interact and chat with our guests and make them feel welcomed and valued from the minute they arrive until we wish them farewell. This role is vital in providing an amazing welcome in all areas of these two stunning locations, helping our visitors have a fantastic experience and create wonderful memories for our guests. Based in the Welcome Centre, Retail, Catering or initial welcoming areas, your role is to make a great day out truly exceptional for our guests. You’ll help us maximise all charity income opportunities through excellent customer service, product knowledge and taking a pride in everything we do at Inverewe and Corrieshalloch.
Accommodation is available at Inverewe for seasonal vacancies. Poolewe is the nearest village and a great base for all sorts of outdoor pursuits and days off can be spent exploring this wonderful part of Scotland. We will also share our local knowledge of beaches, special hills and some amazing wild swimming spots!
Working at either site will be required on a rota basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Be responsible and proactive. Ensuring all day-to-day tasks are completed as instructed.
• Welcome customers to the property by providing information on the site and facilities.
• Work with the Visitor Services Managers and property staff to deliver financial targets and other KPI’s.
• Handle cash accurately and processing sales.
• Work closely with the Visitor Services Manager and property staff to ensure perpetually high levels of accuracy are maintained for stock inventories.
• Drive-up selling opportunities through strong product knowledge and an excellent customer service.
• Work with the Visitor Services Manager and property staff to ensure high standards of display, preparation, serving and merchandising at all times.
• Help manage car park arrivals.
• Cash reconciliation duties including end of day and administration tasks.
• Be able to take responsibility for your own development and learning.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
• Work across departments when necessary, supporting the wider Inverewe and Corrieshalloch teams.
• Develop a working knowledge of the history of the site and being able to relate that to products.
• Provide consistently excellent customer service when dealing with high volumes of customers.
• Adhere to the property’s quality standards including wearing of uniform.
• Assist in the general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary.
• Ensure health and welfare of property staff, volunteers and visitors by adhering to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety).
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/01/2024