Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Arduaine Garden
Purpose of the role
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to gain income and ensuring that the site and its’ assets are safe and secure.
Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations in Admissions of large groups and individuals, making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
We are looking for talented and customer focused individuals to join our team and to help us make Arduaine Garden a 5* Visitor Attraction.
We are looking for people who have experience or a keen interest in Visitor Experience and Scotland’s Natural Heritage.
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times when:
• welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner;
• welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act
• welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• welcoming large groups in an efficient and warm manner
• answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area;
• housekeeping duties
• providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise;
• promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme,
• events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid;.
• To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times:-
• the general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing where required;
• ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time;
• wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required;
• reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager;
• working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
• to work towards and achieve weekly membership and visitor data targets
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include cash/card payment and banking and safeguarding of monies: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate;
• To actively upsell products, services and memberships to facilitate the visitors’ enjoyment;
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager;
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day;
• To use personal protective equipment as provided and directed by your line manager.
• This job will involve lone working, so all applicants must be over 18.
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role, delivering impeccable customer care and food safety standards.
• Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
• Excellent “front of house” persona – warm, welcoming, patient, understanding.
• Excellent selling skills – adaptable to customer type and product.
• Flexible, helpful outlook to customers and colleagues
Application Deadline: Sunday 25/02/2024