Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Geilston Garden
Purpose of the role
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to gain income and ensuring that the site and its’ assets are safe and secure.
Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations in Admissions, Catering and Events activities making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
We are looking for talented and customer focused individuals to join our team and to help us make Geilston Garden a 5* Visitor Attraction.
We are looking for people who have experience or a keen interest in Visitor Experience and Scotlands’ Natural Heritage.
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times when:
– welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail or catering purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner;
– welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act
– welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
– welcoming large groups in an efficient and warm manner
– answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area;
– housekeeping duties
– assisting in the day to day running of a small catering offer
– providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise;
– promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid;.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times –
– the general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, toilet cleaning, emtyping waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing where required;
– ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time;
– wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required;
– reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager;
– working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
– to work towards and achieve weekly membership and visitor data targets
Financial Responsibilities –
Application Deadline: Sunday 11/02/2024