Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Crathes Castle
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented customer focused individuals to join our team at Crathes Castle.
Crathes Castle is a fabulous place for tourists and locals to soak up the atmosphere of old Scotland. Staff should be passionate about delivering outstanding customer experiences to our visitors and guests and able to maximise opportunities to generate income. It’s important that Visitor Service Assistants (VSA’s) ensure the property and its assets are safe and secure. Furthermore, we’re looking for team workers who are also able to use their own initiative and are driven to make a difference.
This role is about creating a 5 star visitor experience and providing outstanding customer service.
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times when:
• Welcoming visitors and promoting the value of Trust membership
• Assisting visitors in selecting and purchasing the most appropriate ticket option
• Processing retail deliveries, ensuring that stock is displayed and that the stock is kept tidy
• Guiding visitors throughout the property and providing information on its history, its furnishings and inhabitants.
• Stewarding rooms during high season, providing information on the history of the room
• To provide excellent customer service
• Handling cash accurately and processing sales
• To actively drive up selling opportunities on membership through strong knowledge and an excellent customer service.
• Be able to take responsibility for your own development and learning.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
• To work across departments when necessary supporting the wider team
• To provide consistently excellent customer service when dealing with high volumes of customers and busy periods, including coach visits.
• Adhering to the property’s quality standards including wearing of uniform.
• Ensuring health and welfare of property staff, volunteers and visitors by adhering to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety).
SCOPE OF JOB
• Will have regular (daily) interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities
• Share till reconciliation duties, as appointed by Visitor Services Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision to a high and safe standard.
• Ability to be flexible, in particular to adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day property needs.
• Ability to adjust pace to match customer flow without compromising quality of service.
• Excellent front of house persona – warm, welcoming, patient and understanding.
• Excellent selling skills
• Genuine belief in the value of good customer service.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Ability to be proactive and to take the initiative.
• Previous front of house or guiding experience
• Additional languages
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills.
• Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation.
• Experience in EPOS style till operation.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
• Excellent selling skills – adaptable to customer type and product.
The Purpose of the Role, Key Responsibilities, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 15/10/2021