Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Hugh Miller's Museum
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure.
Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations in Admissions, Tours, Retail, Catering, Engagement and Events activities making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcome visitors to the site and process their admission/retail or catering purchases in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Provide a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
• Welcome International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• Welcome groups in an efficient and warm manner.
• Promote the site by answering visitors’ queries about the site, its history and contents and the local area.
• Promote National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
• Assist management to instil a Health & Safety culture across the property, ensuring the team work within the property’s ‘Safe System of Work’ to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
Application Deadline: Friday 25/02/2022