Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata
Location: Mar Lodge Estate
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the property and its assets are protected, safe and secure.
Specifically, working to support delivery of our public facilities and services. This role is to ensure the smooth and safe delivery of those everyday services which are available to the general public visiting Mar Lodge Estate. The role will support our rangers, visitor services, events and holiday let activities when required, helping to make the property the best possible place to visit and work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming visitors to the estate/property in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner, answering queries and providing information about the property, facilities and the local area;
• Provide a positive visitor experience to the estate by assisting with carparking, property checks, tours, events and onsite activities when required.
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid;
• Welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act;
• Welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• To assist with the general ongoing operational servicing and delivery of visitor facilities across all areas of the property, including our car parks, public toilets, public rooms and spaces, holiday accommodation and other outlying visitor facilities throughout the property.
• Ensuring the property is clear of debris, rubbish etc and that signage is befitting of a Trust property
• Ensuring the property is ready to accept and welcome visitors by the set operational times;
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager;
• Participate in a “Duty” rota to ensure that visitor’s needs out with normal working hours are supported.
Financial Responsibilities (where applicable)
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
Application Deadline: Friday 18/03/2022