Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Hill of Tarvit
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure. Specifically, to ensure a smooth and safe operation, making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
Must have full weekend availability, hours will be issued on a rota basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Welcoming all visitors including international visitors and those with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
• Welcoming groups in an efficient and warm manner.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site and the local area by providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise.
• Promoting the National Trust for Scotland brand, to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
To maintain excellent standards of the site and personal presentation at all times
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
• Working in harmony with other departments; Collections Care, Gardening, golf and site repair employees/contractors.
Visitor Services/Retail/Events/Cashier duties (where applicable)
• To assist in achieving site retail/membership/events targets and KPI’s.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across departments and Fife Properties as needed.
• To assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events in liaison with the management.
• To assist with Heritage Hospitality events.
• To ensure good housekeeping in back of house areas.
Application Deadline: Friday 13/05/2022