Visitor Services Assistant
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Location: Falkland Palace
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure.
Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations, making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
Must have full weekend availability, hours will be issued on a rota basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
• Welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• Welcoming groups in an efficient and warm manner.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site and the local area.
• Proactively engaging with visitors about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise.
• Promoting the National Trust for Scotland brand, to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
To maintain excellent standards of the site and personal presentation at all times
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
• Working in harmony with other departments; Collections Care, Gardening, Catering and site repair employees/contractors.
Financial Responsibilities (where applicable)
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
Visitor Services/Retail/Events/Cashier duties (where applicable)
• To ensure that retail merchandising is in accordance with NTS policy.
• To assist in achieving site retail/membership/events targets and KPI’s.
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitor’s enjoyment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across departments and Fife Properties as needed.
• To assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events in liaison with the management.
• To assist with Heritage Hospitality events. This may include evening work.
• To ensure good housekeeping in back of house areas.
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• No formal educational qualification required.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing retail-based role, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills.
• Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions – ideally in a heritage/tourism context – with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
• Excellent “front of house” persona – warm, welcoming, patient, understanding.
• Excellent selling skills – adaptable to customer type and product.
• Demonstrable excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Flexible, helpful outlook to customers and colleagues.
• An understanding and commitment to the aims and objectives of the National Trust for Scotland.
• Living the values of the National Trust for Scotland and encourage colleagues to do the same
• Experience in storytelling and a passion for Scottish heritage and history.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 17/06/2022