Visitor Services Assistant - Administrator
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
Location: AB41 7EQ
You will be responsible for the providing administration support to three properties within the Aberdeenshire North area, including Fyvie Castle, Haddo House & Castle Fraser. You will ensure all general administration is undertaken diligently, efficiently and carried out within the Trust’s procedures and policies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Ensure all general administrative tasks are undertaken efficiently, effectively and timeously, including (but not limited to):
• Property correspondence (mail, email and telephone);
• Filing and record-keeping;
• Diary Management;
• Processing membership applications for the sites;
• Meetings support (agendas, minutes, support documentation);
• Cashier duties (reconciliation and recording);
• Data entry of takings, statistics – weekly, monthly and ad hoc;
• Purchase ordering – as required;
You must be flexible to meet the needs of the property, this will include weekend working.
Department specific – visitor services
• Embody the Trust’s values;
• Provide excellent customer service and care to all staff, visitors and volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Qualification in business administration – HND or Diploma – or relevant experience.
Cash handling experience
Ability and competence to intermediate level in MS packages – Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral);
Must be diligent and accurate with excellent eye for detail;
Excellent customer care skills
Well-developed time management and organisation skills – ability to prioritise workload.
Current driving license
Previous experience providing administrative support to a number of different departments highly desirable.
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
• Three large heritage visitor attractions that run both tours of the sites, but also hospitality events, catering and retail outlets.
• Not a line manager.
• The post-holder will work frequently with the wider property staff and volunteers and regional team.
No budget responsibility.
• Access to PC and relevant IT systems, i.e. standard NTS management systems including Intranet, T:Drive, Microsoft Dynamics, EPOS.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Interested applicants should forward a completed application form to the People Department (Applications), The National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road Edinburgh EH11 4DF, by mail or by email via email@example.com, by first post (i.e. 10.00am) on 12th November 2021.
Application Deadline: Friday 12/11/2021